Director, M&A at Squarespace
Squarespace Finance is looking for a Director, M&A to join our growing team. You will be visible in the organization and involves frequent interaction with the leadership team and all other Squarespace staff levels. You will partner cross-functionally to build and execute the inorganic growth strategy for Squarespace's fast-paced, high-growth business.
The M&A Director will be involved in all aspects of the deal process, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, valuation, due diligence and closing & integration activities. You are action-oriented and comfortable driving outcomes with all internal and external stakeholders. You will report into the CFO in New York.
- Drive and support the identification, development, analysis and execution of M&A transactions
- Analyze industries, businesses, and new opportunities through strategic, financial and feasibility frameworks, applying sound business judgment and contributing M&A thought leadership
- Work with cross-functional diligence teams and leaders, including product, marketing, finance, legal, people, and others, to drive projects forward by synthesizing feedback, developing consensus, etc.
- Apply rigorous quantitative analyses to acquisitions and other strategic initiatives, including building 3-statement financial models and valuation methodologies with revenue, cost, and key operational drivers
- Research and diligence relevant industries to identify key trends, segmentation, value propositions, business models, the competitive landscape, etc.
- Source potential acquisition targets through proactive engagement & outreach to build a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Proactively seek ways to improve practices and processes to build out the corpdev competency
- Develop decision matrices and frameworks to analyze complex problems
- 10+ years total experience through a combination of investment banking, M&A, or private equity, with at least 3+ years in-house corporate development role(s) with direct buy-side deal experience
- Worked with technology companies (consumer internet a plus) and SaaS business models w/ strong understanding of key software / SaaS business metrics and KPIs (e.g., ARR, billings/bookings to revenue conversion, ARPU, LTV/CAC, etc).
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders as well as with external CEO's/Founders, management teams and investors
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate complex problems and solutions/recommendations
- Exceptional analytical and financial modeling skills
- Highly proficient in Excel and presentation applications (i.e. Google Slides, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Team player, proactive and action oriented, with excellent judgment, the ability to anticipate needs, strong work ethic, and attention to detail
- Passion for learning about new technologies, products, and businesses, as well as from those around them
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual