Director of Market Operations at Cityblock Health
Who we are
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations and leading commercial partners, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, accepting capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, developing new partnerships, and expanding the size of our team. This role is a vital contributor to our success.
In this role, you’ll assume ownership for key functions that provide critical business and clinical services to our members and associates across markets. The scope of responsibility may include, but is not limited to, serving as the market operations leader that oversees end-to-end business and clinical functions that enable Citblock’s patient-facing teams and Hubs to be successful. Reporting to the General Manager of the market, this role serves as a key leader within both internal Cityblock teams to marshal resources to support the market and also external stakeholders (e.g., health plan operations and community organization leaders) to establish and nourish important collaborative relationships that reinforce our care model. The ideal candidate has established her/himself as an care delivery operations leader within a health plan and/or health care provider that is heavily oriented toward quality and value-based care delivery, and has experience building new teams and functions from the ground up.
- Work cross-functionally to develop capabilities and functions that deliver a connected, coordinated, outstanding experience for Cityblock’s members and associates
- Lead the development of people, process, technology and tools that support our associates and Hubs in assigned market(s)
- Develop and disseminate best practices around how our care teams and Hubs operate most efficiently and effectively to deliver high quality care and excellent member experience
- Provide leadership to and oversight for Hub operations managers and operations associates in assigned markets
- Lead operational collaboration with health plan partner(s), the development of joint processes and data sharing, and establishing and maintaining important links of payor-provider collaboration across the health plan operations platform (e.g., joint marketing, quality data capture and submission, encounters data submission, care management team coordination, and more)
- Monitor care model and operations compliance, implement corrective actions, and provide training on processes, procedures and workflows
- Lead policy and procedure revisions and the development and implementation of new policies and procedures
- Partner with General Managers to develop long- and short-range business plans, objectives, strategies, and goals for market operations
- Support the development and launch market operations in Cityblock’s expansion markets
- Serve as the business owner for specific business functions within assigned market(s), including market-level operations that support:
- Establishing compliance with NCQA and other regulatory operations
- Collaboration with health plan partners
- Collaboration with local providers and community-based organizations
- Bring a continuous improvement mindset that drives innovation to identify and implement incremental efficiencies over time
- Monitor and manage to key operating, financial and quality metrics
- Lead related and ad hoc market operations projects
- Hire, train, coach, and evaluate performance of direct reports
You’d be a good fit if you:
- Have 7+ years of experience in the management of a large medical practice with multiple locations, including experience in an outpatient healthcare setting; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Bring direct experience overseeing several of the functions identified above and demonstrate an aptitude to lead other operations functions
- Have experience leading teams to build operations from the ground up
- Have experience identifying and managing to key operations metrics and budgets
- Enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute on tricky, complicated cross-functional projects
- Have a proven track record for working well across teams and with external partners
- Have a hands-on, process-oriented mindset and demonstrated ability to execute within a fast-moving work environment
Nice to have:
- Experience in a capitated, value-based medical group
- Experience in a high growth technology company
- Experience in operations management consulting
“Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- A short (2-3 paragraph) cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.