Director, Market Operations at Cityblock Health
Who we are
At Cityblock Health, our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, block by block. We integrate services to address physical, behavioral, and social needs together, delivered through mobile, field-based care teams to make healthcare more accessible, supportive and goal-driven for the people who need it most.
Every aspect of the Cityblock care model is carefully designed to focus on our members, engaging and empowering them to own and improve their health through trusted relationships. Through field-based, interdisciplinary care teams, we are flexible in how we deliver care, meeting members where they are, and together developing and working longitudinally through a personalized and integrated Member Action Plan (MAP). The care team collaborates to support each member’s whole health and social needs. Enabled by custom-built technology, we build capacity, deliver care and dramatically change members’ opportunities and outcomes.
Partnering with community-based organizations and well-respected commercial partners, and backed by some of the top healthcare investors in the country, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members—and leading the move from transactional, fee-for-service medicine towards high-value, relationship-based partnerships. Our members face economic and social challenges in addition to having mental and physical health needs, and our model combines with our technology will support our care team and members in a completely new way.
As the Market Operations Director, you will partner with the Market General Manager to oversee processes, operations, systems and infrastructure that support direct services provided to Cityblock’s members through our innovative care model.
Reporting initially to the Regional General Manager of the market, the Operations Director will play an integral role in operationalizing Cityblock’s care model in the clinic practice setting and out in the community. This leader will oversee the deployment of efficient and scalable operational infrastructure to support our care teams on the ground. You will collaborate closely with clinic care team leads to ensure that all necessary workflows are built and implemented effectively, and that we are measuring our progress accurately and insightfully. You will model the way around how others in the market think about ongoing process improvements, operating with excellence, and ensuring that we constantly improve. This leader will also collaborate with the regional and national operations team, owning all cross-functional initiatives that involve the market, and ensuring they are executed thoughtfully and thoroughly.
- Own and share accountability for operational results for the New York market
- Lead run rate market operations initiatives for a set of critical functions that could include, but are not limited to: budgeting and forecasting, staffing and hiring, scheduling, member empanelment, inventory management, care management delegation, and more
- Establish policies and procedures across all aspects of operations, including proper documentation and billing practices, through oversight of other in-market staff
- Ensure that member experience is humanized and person-first by leading efforts to establish and improve member experience processes, and workflows making sure that all are executed with “The Cityblock Way” in mind
- Proactively anticipate and address operational issues as they arise, and collaborate with other key in-market team members to ensure that problems and gaps are solved quickly and seamlessly
- Ensure that all learnings from process builds are tightly captured so that we are continuing to codify our care model and implementation playbooks for future markets
- Ensure that all tools and supportive technology (e.g., Commons, EHR) are being well utilized across all roles and teams; where appropriate, propose evolutions of this toolkit to continue to best support operations
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have a bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience managing diverse operations teams that serve multiple functions
- You have deep experience and a deep comfort working within a high-paced, ever-evolving startup environment
- Have hands-on operations leadership experience; you’ve built and improved teams, built deep stakeholder relationships will, and driven high-fidelity, field-based operations
- Have excellent project/process management skills (particularly with modern tool suites built off of cloud-based collaboration), and you are rigorous, energetic, agile, flexible, and aren’t afraid to do the work yourself
- You are deeply familiar with regulatory requirements pertaining to medical practices, including documentation and billing, quality reporting (HEDIS, QARR), and environmental requirements to ensure safety for members and staff
- You are comfortable using a variety of technologies and systems, including practice management, care management, electronic health record, and billing systems
- You are compassionate, open-minded, and non-judgmental
- You have the ability to think quickly and solve problems in the moment
Nice to have:
- Direct experience or deep familiarity with ambulatory clinical practice operations
- Experience owning and managing a P&L
- Masters Degree
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.