Director of Market Success at Sealed
Sealed is a home wellness company on a mission to make homes healthier, more comfortable, and cleaner for the planet. We are transforming energy, finance and home improvement to deliver clean air and comfort with less energy. Sealed modernizes home heating and cooling with upgrades like insulation and HVAC technology. We match the right contractor, cover the upfront costs, and stand behind the work: we only get paid if your house saves energy. Sealed, one of Fast Company’s top ten most innovative energy companies of 2021, is venture backed and based in New York City. Learn more at sealed.com.What will you do?
Sealed is looking for an experienced growth and operations leader to oversee and influence the performance of our biggest markets. You’ll work with executives across the company to define and refine what makes a market successful, make recommendations on which levers to pull to drive desired outcomes, and help design the future team that will be responsible for market success nationally.
This is a critical cross-functional management role at a company that is creating tangible positive impact and value for people and the planet.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Set regional operational and growth goals alongside functional leaders (Marketing, Sales, Service, Finance) and coordinate cross-departmentally to hit those goals
- Act as the primary intermediary and connector for regional operating teams across the company. Internalize the ins and outs of our business operations and metrics on a hyperlocal basis.
- Define the foundational playbook for how we measure and achieve success in a given market. Analyze performance at the regional and hyperlocal levels: report and communicate with the senior leadership team on your insights and recommendations in order to change outcomes
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to diagnose problems, and design + implement solutions that improve local performance outcomes
- Define and document best practices in our best performing localities and find ways to apply them to the rest of the markets. Identify opportunities to further accelerate growth in regions where we are having success.
- Research local customer requirements, competitors, and environments. Work closely with marketing to translate insights to refine regional customer value propositions
- Develop relationships with local stakeholders including businesses, community groups, and government officials
- Hire the team that will ensure success across multiple geographic regions as we expand quickly over the coming years
- 7+ years of total work experience
- 5+ years experience in general management, operations management, strategic partnerships or management consulting
- Demonstrated impact managing operations or markets at Series A-C stage businesses
- Strategic and tactical experience designing, building and executing scalable processes from scratch, ideally in an operations intensive environment
- Track record independently managing consequential projects or programs with a cross-functional team
- Advanced analytical abilities
- Willingness to travel 25-50% of the time if not living locally in the markets you are managing
- Experience owning operational KPIs for entire market, product, or vertical
- Experience working in a locally regulated industry (e.g. energy, transportation)
- Experience in network growth for a marketplace, financial services, home improvement, or similar company
- Hardworking, resourceful and gritty: when you have a goal, you find a way to meet it
- Comfortable asking hard questions to get to the root of a problem, and creatively solve it
- Dynamic, thrive in ambiguous environments, and action-oriented
- An architect and a builder - you can imagine what you want to create, and don’t mind doing the hard work to bring your vision to life
- Quantitatively-inclined and data savvy, you may not be a Tableau expert, but you are able to draw actionable strategic insights and conclusions from complex data sets, asking critical questions, and synthesizing raw numbers into simple, actionable recommendations
- Detail oriented and organized project manager, with ruthless prioritization and the ability to manage people in all directions
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- You can’t stand waste. Whether it’s energy waste, or wasted time, transforming waste to value is in your DNA
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock options
- Health benefits
- Paid family leave
- Flexible work environment: work from headquarters office in NYC or remotely from anywhere within the US