Director, Operations: Customer Success and Support
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about building meaningful, long-term relationships with our customers that help grow and scale business in the cloud.
Our Customer Success and Support Operations team’s mission is to develop and ensure the highest level of operational excellence as we deliver world class customer support and success to our customers.
The Director of Operations will play a critical role in our continued success by leading and growing our Customer Success Operations organization. Reporting to the VP of Customer Success and Support, the Director of Operations will have a high level of influence across the organization. This person will set operational strategy and direction for our fast-growing Customer Support and Customer Success teams, and will own the process, tooling, training, reporting and analysis, and project and program management that defines our execution and success.
Successful candidates will possess an outstanding track record in implementing operational discipline in high growth organizations, owning tools and processes foundational to their service offering, a data driven and analytical approach, and a desire to hire, coach and manage a high performing team of professionals toi fulfill the various functions of the organization. This person must also be adept at identifying compelling and impactful initiatives that will create and deliver long term customer value for our amazing customer base, and efficiencies for our team of highly talented Support Engineers and Success Managers.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build and lead a highly functional Operations function that can drive automation, deliver structure and process, manage training, deliver programs and projects, design for customer experience, and emphasize quality and performance for personal and business customers
- Build a training team to support the ongoing education and improve performance levels of CS and Support teams
- Oversee Project managers and Tools teams that support process improvements and organizational performance
- Develop and execute Business Process Optimization programs and initiatives that improve engineer efficiency, support sales initiatives, facilitate account management, and reduce customer churn
- Build a sales operations process for lead and pipeline management
- Manage technical resources to deliver tooling to support repeatable and scalable processes and workflows that drives customer satisfaction and organizational effectiveness
- Build the reporting for key operating metrics for the team to be evaluated and drive organizational performance to meet OKRs
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Has worked with highly technical and demanding customers who are running critical production workloads and demand enterprise performance from their vendors product and services.
- Has grown teams that have doubled in size
- Owned a training function
- Has run large implementation, integration, and business process projects and programs, or has managed a PMO.
- Has defined and managed to set of analytical KPIs to drive the direction of the team
- Has recruited top talent that were high performers and retained them while growing their careers with the company
- Collaborative, positive, motivated and results driven leadership style, with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Comfortable with rapid change and has the ability to adapt in a fast moving environment.
- Works well cross-functionally and can guide and influence stakeholders to successful outcomes.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.