Director, Operations Program Management at Peloton
Peloton is seeking a leader for the Operations Program Management (OPM) function, based out of our NYC HQ. This individual will lead an organization of multiple individual program managers in the product life-cycle within operations. This position will work closely with key cross-functional teams, including Hardware and Product Design Engineering, Part Suppliers, Procurement, Operations, Finance, Marketing and Contract Manufacturers to develop the strategic direction, goals, objectives and key measurement systems to manage work flows and ensure that business goals are met. This person will have a deep appreciation for the customer mindset and will be a thought-leader within the organization, helping to advance internal solution strategy globally and challenge others in the organization to promote positive change. The Director, OPM, will create vision and strategy, help scale operations, develop teams and management talent, and develop processes and standards to fuel Peloton’s expansion.
- Evolve the organization to exceed support requirements of a global company.
- Develop and maintain scalable organization with a well-documented roadmap, goals and objectives.
- Help create and manage vision and strategy to take the operations to the next level of industry leadership.
- Assess operational gaps and interface with cross-functional partners to design, develop and implement scalable and flexible solutions.
- Understand, collaborate and influence across functional organizations.
- Advance high level strategic decision-making through detailed analyses and material preparations
- Manage high-performance and diverse teams in a rapid change environment.
- Assist teams with the development of a comprehensive program management framework to ensure the teams can move fast while incorporating changes to plan.
- Work with stakeholders across the business to develop solutions for cross-functional issues and support requirements associated with network operations, project management and supply chain operations.
- Execute multiple project timelines related to suppliers to ensure on time delivery performance throughout the development cycle
- Facilitate quoting based on sourcing strategy for all NPI builds
- Assume responsibility for overall material cost savings objectives related to new product development costs
- Design and implement innovative and robust processes and standards in support of technology and other areas as required.
- Develop and manage to Key Performance Index for the services provided by Operations Program Management team.
- Present regular updates to Engineering and Operations executive leadership team
- Build high performing teams through mentoring and development of managers and individual contributors.
- Approximately 10-15% travel required.
- 10+ years of experience leading in a technical organizations
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems.
- Track record of implementing and managing infrastructure programs
- Knowledge of software as a service business model and its product development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of production environments and operational dependencies.
- Experience building strategies and solutions to meet Customer needs.
- Organizational, communication, interpersonal, collaboration relationship building experience.
- Experience working in a cross-functional, matrix management environment consisting of software engineering, infrastructure, production engineering and business operations teams.
- Experienced in the development of a management team, and in personnel management and staffing.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where you must take on multiple responsibilities and do what it takes to get things done.
- Experience leading projects.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global technology company reinventing fitness by bringing the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. With more than 10,000 live and on-demand classes, taught by a roster of elite instructors, Peloton delivers real-time motivation and curated playlists from the world's best artists. Peloton is changing the way people get fit through a comprehensive and socially-connected experience that makes every workout both efficient and addictive. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide a full slate of fitness offerings, anytime, anywhere.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crain’s and is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Peloton’s investors include True Ventures, TCV, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBC Universal, and Kleiner Perkins. Learn more at onepeloton.com.