Director of Operations at Policygenius
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Operations at Policygenius...
We are looking for an experienced leader that can scale a best-in-class operations function for our rapidly growing Life Insurance business, ensuring an efficient and consistent set of processes, driving initiatives that improve the customer experience, and leading and inspiring the team to implement best practices and deliver results.
To be successful in this role, you must have experience building and leading an operations organization (or similar function) at a growth-stage tech or financial services company. You should have an analytical background, with deep experience in cross-functional problem-solving and developing and scaling operations processes with a goal of driving performance and delivering impact. The ideal candidate for this role is also a skillful operator and thoughtful and deliberate people leader with a unique ability to mentor, coach and develop operations leaders at various levels in the organization. This role reports to the VP of Life Operations.
- Scale, hire, and manage an operations function that supports the growth goals of our business and serves our life insurance customers’ needs
- Work with operations leadership to set team SLAs and daily, weekly, and monthly targets; drive execution in line with those metrics
- Oversee all aspects of people leadership and success in the operations organization: recruiting, onboarding, learning, licensing, performance management, compensation, career development, team structuring, staffing forecasting, scheduling/timekeeping, day-to-day tactical coaching and mentoring
- Proactively identify and problem-solve issues related to conversion, quality, capacity and service levels
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners to develop, champion, and launch new processes and initiatives to prepare them for scale
- Provide timely and accurate executive-level reports of operations performance and forecasts of organization needs
- Create a values-oriented team environment that rewards achievement, accountability and teamwork
- 7+ years’ experience in operations roles in a fast-paced, high-growth environment in insurance, financial services, technology or consulting
- Excellent people management skills and a track record of mentoring and developing operations leaders and designing and building operations teams, from recruiting to performance management
- Demonstrated success identifying, implementing, managing and measuring the drivers of best-in-class company performance
- A strong problem-solving track record – you’re able to think critically through unique problems with no set playbook and quickly implement a path to a solution, and you can toggle effortlessly between big picture strategy and in-the-weeds tactical problem-solving
- Excellent organization and self-motivation -- you’re able to plan and manage projects & budgets with a tight focus on execution and attention to detail, and can independently prioritize and drive initiatives to successful completion
- The ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with people at all levels across the company, including junior colleagues, peers, and executive leadership
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize multiple objectives while meeting tight deadlines
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!