The Director, People Business Partner will work closely with Peloton’s Business Leaders within our HR, Finance and Legal organizations to drive business outcomes, values adoption, leadership development, and strong employee engagement through the development and execution of an aligned talent strategy. This role is based in Peloton’s NYC Headquarters.
The successful candidate will partner with leaders across the business to develop business objectives that support our People strategy. They are capable of driving change across a dynamic, fast-growing organization. This role will be accountable for leading programs at scale, from need identification to implementation, considering the unique needs of our internal client groups and in close partnership with other parts of the people team. As a member of the Corporate Business Partner team, this person will have a particular passion for Talent Management and will ensure talent programs are adopted and adapted as needed to fit the nuances of their business areas. This individual will also be charged with strengthening the leadership team of each function and driving an inclusive & diverse culture by providing coaching and consultation to leaders to further develop their leadership capability and capacity.
- Identify root-cause issues, match people strategies to business strategies, and deliver global programs that drive results and strong employee engagement
- Learn, anticipate and quickly become embedded with the business as a trusted business leader and advisor, not only of People initiatives but broadly
- Consistently coach and advise senior leaders on their effectiveness, help their raise their own performance bar
- Partner with business leaders to to drive & lead through organizational change and evolution
- Develop and steward holistic talent plan for internal client group
- Proactively manage legal risk; ensures manager and employee compliance with company policies and procedures, and governmental regulations, conduct investigations as needed
- Respond to employee questions regarding but not limited to the following: employee relations, company policies, leadership and employee development, compensation
- Leverage data to create People dashboards with the business, taking an analytical and metrics-driven approach to solutions and drawing insights to create compelling narratives for change
- Builds and fosters an inclusive and diverse culture aligned to our Company vision, mission & values
- Build and develop people manager skills and leadership team effectiveness
- Troubleshoot issues independently and drive them to closure with minimal supervision; persevere in the face of internal and external barriers.
- 8+ years of experience in Human Resources, as generalist, people leader, business partner, or human capital consulting
- Demonstrated progression and increased scope in matrixed, high-growth organizations
- Experience in a highly influential HR role with executive level interface and impact
- Knowledge of tech industry and experience both in a start-up and an established HR environment a plus
- Deep business acumen and the executional know-how of building and growing businesses globally through the ongoing development and support of its people
- Deep knowledge of and experience in running core HR processes including performance management (performance coaching and progressive discipline), succession planning, career pathing, compensation education etc
- Ability to synthesize complex situations into a digestible, action-oriented format for business leaders and their teams
- Team-oriented, consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy-in from diverse constituencies, building bridges and designing “win-win” solutions across a matrix management organization
- Unique ability to flourish in a rapidly changing organization, and operate comfortably with ambiguity and complexity
- Partners with business to drive & lead through organizational change and evolution
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.