Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro’s vertically integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro seamlessly connects telehealth, diagnostics, and pharmacy services to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
Ro is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic candidate who is passionate about managing and helping people, coupled with expertise in scaling up mail-order Pharmacy operations and IT platforms to meet the needs of our quickly growing telehealth solutions.
As the Director of Pharmacy Operations, you will be focused on improving the operations of Ro Pharmacy—our affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. You will work closely with our Compliance, Supply Chain, Logistics, Tech (Product and Engineering), and Care teams. This position reports to the VP of Pharmacy Operations and Supply Chain.
Who are you? That's a great question. As a key member of our fast-growing start-up within a start-up, you need to have a passion for building and optimizing operations to support the company’s vision while at the same time rolling up your sleeves to jump in on whatever task may be at hand. You will report directly to the pharmacy organization, but be accountable to the Ro Pharmacy business unit.
You have strong communication and strategic planning skills as well as the ability to effectively manage cross-functional relationships. And you have a strong familiarity with best practices in pharmacy operations, systems, technology, and regulatory compliance.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement process and system improvements to meet and surpass State, Federal regulatory, and accreditation requirements
- Manage all the procurement of pharmaceutical products from wholesalers and manufacturers that meet prescribed safety and health standards at a cost-effective price for Ro Pharmacy
- Lead efforts to improve inventory management systems
- Work closely with finance on product margin optimization efforts related to cost of acquisition of drugs in Ro Pharmacy Formulary
- Lead efforts on dispensing improvements - from to packaging to automation
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to ensure the operational roadmap and priorities are in line with Ro Pharmacy’s roadmap
- Work closely to identify, recommend, design, managing, and test improvements in the Ro Pharmacy System App
- Organize, prioritize, and communicate feedback from dispensing pharmacists regarding workflow improvements, opportunities, and day-to-day experience
What You Bring to the Team:
- 7+ years experience in pharmacy operations - mail order experience preferred
- Solid understanding of supplier management, supply chain logistics, and inventory management
- Experience with ordering, receiving, financial management of inventory
- Organized, analytical, and detail-oriented
- R.Ph. or Pharm.D a plus
- Experience with pharmacy systems and dispensing workflows
- Outstanding financial analytical skills
- Proven ability to motivate and work with a cross functional team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for building the future of healthcare, where patients are in control
- Ability to serve as a player/coach: can both manage cross-functional partners and execute strategies based on need
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.