Director, Post Merger Integrations
Peloton is looking for a passionate and skilled Director of Post Merger Integration to help us execute and integrate M&A transactions that will contribute to Peloton’s growth. Reporting to the Head of Strategy, Corporate Development and M&A, this person will work cross functionally and lead the post merger integration functions for the company.
We are looking to hire an individual who possesses a high level of integrity and personal accountability. The successful candidate will be a proactive team player with a bias for action who demonstrates great attention to detail. The Director of Post Merger Integration will help develop and refine the company’s in-house PMI capabilities, creating a standard playbook with repeatable processes. For each M&A transaction, this person will support the due diligence process, create the integration plans, project manage multiple integration work streams, identify issues and drive decisions while coordinating with key stakeholders throughout Peloton.
- Lead post merger integration as a member of the core deal team
- Establish due diligence and PMI approach for both small tuck-in acquisitions and larger more complex M&A transactions
- Manage the end-to-end PMI process, including creating the integration plan, organizing Day One, and project managing the ongoing integration of each acquired company
- Identify roles and responsibilities for integration team members
- Manage cross-functional teams including Legal, Finance, People, IT, Real Estate, Product, Operations (Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Logistics), Corporate Communications, and Marketing to define and execute the integration plan
- Regularly report on progress, milestones, and risks associated with each integration
- Identify integration issues and risks, and work with cross-functional teams to drive decisions and implement solutions
- Act as central point of contact for key internal and external stakeholders and the single source of truth for information related to M&A due diligence and post merger integration
- 5+ years experience in M&A due diligence and post-merger integration, 7+ years in project management a plus
- Able to think both strategically and tactically, persistent attention to detail, and ability to work with a high degree of fluidity and ambiguity
- Confident leading meetings, making decisions, documenting progress, tracking action items, and responding quickly to inquiries
- Able to effectively lead the due diligence and post merger integration processes on multiple projects at the same time, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient with PMI methodologies and tools
- Demonstrates high emotional intelligence and strong business acuity
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills. Able to interact effortlessly with senior executives, junior team members, and outside professional advisors, with the ability to calibrate based on the audience.
- Able to build and cultivate strong relationships at all levels
- Proactive, being able to influence and motivate without authority
- Proficient with MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Project Management Software
- BA in Finance or related field; MBA is a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.