Director of Professional Development Operations (Remote)
Who We Are:
Zearn is the nonprofit educational organization behind Zearn Math, the top-rated math learning platform used by 1-in-4 elementary students nationwide. Zearn Math supports teachers with research-backed curriculum and digital lessons proven to double the learning gains of a typical year of instruction. Zearn Math instructional materials - including 400+ hours of digital math learning - are free for teachers and families. Zearn also offers school- and district-wide licenses and professional development to support implementation. Everything Zearn does is driven by the belief that every kid can be a math kid.
Learn more about us at https://about.zearn.org/.
Zearn is seeking a multifaceted and experienced leader to serve as Director of Professional Development (PD) Operations. This role will lead the delivery of PD training including onsite and virtual training completed by full and part-time trainers as they prepare teachers and administrators across the country to implement Zearn Math.
The Director of PD Operations will direct and lead Zearn’s PD team, including trainers who facilitate training for our district partners. This role will support these individuals as they develop and deliver consistent, high quality training sessions. In addition, the Director of PD Operations will have responsibility for centralized PD Operations to streamline content creation processes, scheduling, and continual delivery for partners. This role will partner closely with Zearn’s Customer Success and Partnerships teams in our collective effort to ensure excellent and consistent end-to-end customer experiences for all Zearn partners.
What This Role Will Do:
- Oversee the PD team including Manager of Operations, Trainers, and others to ensure that PD service delivery is:
- Delivered on-time and in line with partner expectations
- Delivered at a consistent level of quality
- Tailored to reflect the context of a partner’s current environment related to use case and instructional needs
- Establish processes to support the initial preparation, scheduling, updating, delivery and execution of PD services
- Work with the Partnerships team to ensure trainings delivered are customized to the needs of the partner when appropriate
- Raise awareness of challenging situations appropriately and flag to relevant individuals on the Zearn team
Internal Management and Development:
- Build an efficient path to scale putting in place the right organization structure and systems to facilitate and effectively lead staff growth from a team of ~10 to a team of ~30 during a peak PD delivery season
- Serve as the liaison between the PD team and CAO/other cross-functional stakeholders to clearly communicate expectations, provide status updates, hand off project deliverables, and field feedback
- Oversee the Manager of Operations to ensure PD service delivery processes are consistently and accurately executed.
- Oversee the Manager of PD and content development to ensure feedback from CAO is incorporated and deadlines are met.
- Define PD trainer development process (e.g., training, coaching, and development) to be implemented by Lead Trainers
- Manage the Lead Trainers to ensure that PD trainer enablement is sufficient and is resulting in delivery of high quality PD training sessions
- Run day-to-day operations of the PD function - scheduling trainings, communicating offerings and schedules with external facing team members, leading financials, budgets, records, large engagements, and generally keeping everything on track
- Collaborate with Product & PD teams to understand upcoming content offerings & feature releases
- Coordinate project management (scoping, budgeting, delivery) for special projects, as needed
- Establish and develop complex training project timelines and workloads. Oversee manager of operations and manager of PD to ensure all elements stay on track
- Drive prioritization of all PD content and help negotiate tradeoffs with stakeholders
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of management and operations experience
- Plus - Past success in a management role with direct and indirect reports (internal or external) overseeing training and development activities for that team
- Experience developing and leading large-scale projects in an education setting, including creating detailed plans, forecasting and meeting deadlines, and maintaining a budget
- Spent time in schools as a principal, leader, or operations role
- Ability to travel nationally
This role is remote, however it will require up to 50% travel to lead or observe professional learning sessions in the field and to participate in team meetings.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a competitive benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K matching, parental leave, and a generous PTO policy. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.
To Apply: https://apply.workable.com/j/FA47A174E8
Zearn is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.