Director, Provider & Community Partner Engagement - DC at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
The DC market is seeking a collaborative Director of Partnership Engagement to advance Cityblock's engagement with provider and community partners in DC. The candidate will build relationships with high value groups, establish process flows for managing transitions of care, and engage with community-based organizations for establishing key relationships to manage social needs. The candidate will contribute to the success of Cityblock's market performance as well as brand recognition and influence in DC. The role is also responsible for the activities/ initiatives below:
- Develop a network and partnerships engagement strategy and implementation plan to increase member engagement and referrals as well as to better coordinate care of enrolled members.
- In partnership with the analytics and medical economics team, building analyses and reporting that supports local network strategy, decision making and referral patterns centered on decreasing total cost of care and improving outcomes.
- Build relationships, process flows and initial approach to Identifying and engaging with community providers to include: primary care physicians, hospitals, specialists, home health, SNF, LTSS, DME, housing and other human/social services organizations and facilities.
- Identify high volume, potentially high value primary care, BH, specialist, acute care and sub-acute care facilities, and then engage leaders within those organizations in the Cityblock model and processes to reduce TCOC and improve quality outcomes.
- Identify and build relationships with high value community partners to help Cityblock care teams address social needs.
- Support relationship building and manage process optimization between Cityblock Health and our health plan partners including:
- Document current state, assist in developing future state and assist in implementing and tracking it
- Identify and track key metrics and present at joint operation committee meetings
- Facilitate ongoing relationships and meetings between organizations
- Identify key areas for improvement based on Cityblock care team and community provider input. Adjust workflows to improve these areas; assist with implementing & measuring changes.
- Support referral management functions and processes for provider and community based needs.
- Develop and manage dashboard and metrics for referrals, medical trends, cost drivers and cost saving opportunities.
Requirements for the Role:
- Have 7-10+ years of experience with provider organizations. Experience with health plans and/or community based roles, in addition, is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in a provider network strategy and management function.
- Leadership in expertise around value-based and fee-for-service contracting models, and accountability for driving performance against population health objectives (e.g. total cost of care, quality, provider engagement, revenue improvement)
- Knowledge of Medicaid managed care and policy in DC, and relevant federal and local legislation
- Based in the DC area with willingness to travel within the DC/MD/VA area to meet with network and community partners.
- Be responsible for building and maintaining collaborative relationships with community providers that collaborate with Cityblock Health to deliver excellent health outcomes and quality for our shared members.
- Familiarity with the healthcare landscape, neighborhoods and community health needs of DC, with a passion to apply market learnings more broadly.
- Experience building mutually beneficial relationships with large provider groups, FQHCs, hospitals, LTSS providers and facilities.
- Excellent project/process management skills (particularly with modern tool suites built off of cloud-based collaboration).
- Rigorous, energetic, agile, flexible, and aren't afraid to lean into discomfort.
How We Define Success:
- Demonstrated reduction in unnecessary ED/ IP utilization and total cost of care reduction by facility and market
- Improved access to quality services for members (across provider types)
- Build for and operation of high value narrow network of providers for transitions of care, referrals and provider engagement (across provider types)
- Completion of phased approach for network partnerships to include but not limited to organization/ provider engagement, workflow development, case conference and specialized risk arrangements with high value, low cost providers.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- MPH, MBA or MHA, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a provider organization or managed care organization, specifically in a provider network or contracting strategy and management function
- Strong relationships with medical, behavioral and social care providers in DC area
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building mutually beneficial relationships with large providers groups and facilities
- Experience and comfort working within a high-paced startup environment, working with operators, technologists and clinicians - digging into data with actuaries one minute, and leading meetings with community provider executives the next
- You are comfortable using a variety of data tools, and can create compelling dashboards and other data visualizations to drive decision making
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.