Director of Public Policy at Paxos
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
Paxos is looking for a Director of Public Policy to manage the development of our policy positions and how we engage with the public, policymakers and regulators on these topics. We engage with national and global leaders on multiple topics relating to the future of finance, the digital economy, capital markets, blockchain and cryptocurrencies, and this role will be critical to ensuring that Paxos is at the forefront of these conversations. Ideal candidates will have deep, hands-on experience and understanding of the legislative process in the US, strong bipartisan contacts amongst policymakers, regulators and agencies, and a passion for clearly defining and articulating well-constructed policy.As our Director of Public Policy, you'll get to:
- Public Policy - Develop Paxos’ position on relevant public policy matters; strategize and execute on engagement with policymakers nationally and internationally.
- Industry Collaboration - Serve as Paxos representative to relevant industry associations and coalitions; engage the industry collaboratively to push forward meaningful initiatives and ideas.
- Regulatory Affairs - Help oversee completion of regulatory applications, productively engage with current and potential future regulators.
- Policy Communications - Work collaboratively with the Communications team to amplify Paxos policy perspectives, and to ensure that policymakers are regularly updated with relevant Paxos developments.
- Content - Write white papers, thought pieces, contributed pieces, blog posts and other materials on policy.
- Cross-functional Collaboration - Work closely with senior executives to ensure that all policy work is aligned with the overall business strategy and goals.
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
- 7+ years of experience working with senior policymakers, regulators and agencies
- In-the-weeds expertise in finance and fintech policy issues
- The ability to work with cross-functional executives in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to learn new concepts quickly and communicate them clearly both verbally and in written form
- An approach that includes strategic thinking as well as excellent execution
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for development, a $500 stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Facebook's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
- Paxos Supports Flourish Crypto
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.