Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking a Director of Stars/HEDIS Quality Improvement Capabilities. In this role, you will develop the strategy and implement the roadmap for internal capabilities to drive quality measure performance across the organization. Internal capabilities can include actionable dashboards to track performance by market, systems integration to surface opportunities, vendor support, and a deep understanding of measures and potential interventions to inform recommended playbooks
The optimal candidate has a strong ability to set direction, align resources and deliver results by working through others. If you like building solutions to advance company performance, and are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, we want to hear from you!
Requirements for the Role:
- 5+ years of management experience with demonstrated results as the leader of quality improvement or related health plan operations functions
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare related experience in HEDIS and Stars, including technical specifications, NCQA, CMS and how to drive improvement strategies
- 3+ years of experience in Medicare, ACA, Marketplace lines of business
- You will have 5+ years of experience in Excel and data reporting tools
- You have experience with to value-based care models and the national payer and risk-bearing provider landscape, as well as digital health trends and new entrants
- Proven ability to develop roadmaps, Project Charters, Project and Business Plans to identity, implement & track projects & quality improvement initiatives
- You are a strong people manager that can appropriately balance effective delivery on goals as well as strong professional development for direct reports and their teams
- You are a self aware leader and team member interested in feedback and growth
- You are aligned to the Cityblock mission and dedicated to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team
How We Define Success:
- Identify the set of core capabilities that are needed to maximize performance on quality measures
- Determine the near, mid and long term roadmap to develop capabilities
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to prioritize and deliver on roadmap
- Build a high performing team
- Influence significant performance improvement across markets
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Prior experience working with Electronic Medical Records
- Prior experience in building novel solutions / processes
- Intermediate experience with Looker, Tableau, or other data visualization tools
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read: