The Director of Quality NPI leads and manages the Quality NPI department and is accountable for ensuring products in development are meeting Peloton’s quality standards and are fit for production. The Director role is responsible for driving departmental strategy, budget, improvement initiatives, and an organizational structure capable of achieving Peloton’s strategic long term growth plans.This role will partner heavily with Product Development, Manufacturing, and other Quality teams. This role reports directly to the Sr. Director of Quality.
- Lead Quality NPI organization establishing framework and organizational breakdown for comprehensive program coverage
- Champion APQP principles, working with senior cross-functional leaders to establish and phase in world-class quality process, gates, and risk mitigation strategies
- Responsible for developing and implementing clear development metrics to objectively show program quality risks in each phase and across programs for Sr. Operations leadership
- Consult with development teams on design and manufacturing phase gates activities to ensure appropriate risk mitigation in-line with world-class product development
- Help improve and update Peloton’s quality systems, standards, and processes - including but not limited to problem solving and root cause analysis methods
- Participate in the development of Quality Engineering tools for the effective and efficient development, transfer, and maintenance of products/processes throughout the product life cycle
- At least 8+ years experience in Quality leadership roles
- Demonstrated experience in managing, coaching, and developing a quickly growing global team
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategy and ensuring budgetary alignment
- Understands the art of nuance and has strong communication skills with ability to align other functional leaders and teams around vision. Confident in presenting to executives on fast moving programs
- Team player and highly motivated to make a difference
- Change maker with bias for positive action
- Flexible and agile; able to pivot to changing circumstances and business demands
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Management systems, GD&T, and 8D process
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis
- Black Belt certification, a plus - must be familiar with lean practices
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.