Director, Real Estate Expansion at Knotel
Reporting to our Global Head of Real Estate & Business Development, the Director, Real Estate Expansion will be charged with leading the teams outside New York City responsible for all transactional work pertaining to Knotel’s l expansion. S/he will grow Knotel’s global real estate portfolio by setting systems and processes around deal sourcing, timely deal conversion, advantageous deal terms, negotiations and overall portfolio management. Furthermore, s/he will develop and leverage knowledge of local markets to inform broader expansion planning and new market strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Hire, onboard, and manage a distributed workforce responsible for growing Knotel’s real estate portfolio in new markets
- Lead Knotel’s expansion strategy by maintaining a healthy pipeline of commercial real estate properties
- Synthesize market data and best practices to establish standards to support excellent site selection
- Manage resources to drive consistency, objectivity and fact-based orientation with respect to project delivery across markets
- Partner with Legal, Finance, Operations, Growth and other cross functional teams to streamline inputs and increase alignment on all deals
- Create and prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for management’s review as needed.
Who You Are
You are a systems thinker. You’re driven by creating process, creating efficiencies and educating others on how to optimize deal flows. You’re comfortable working across the organization and have a knack for prioritizing a diverse workload to achieve common goals. You naturally have an eye toward scale and are excited about the ability to bring Knotel to every major city where commercial real estate continues to be a major point point for companies of all shapes and sizes. You also have the following:
- 12+ years of experience in CRE deal transactions.
- Experience in managing a distributed workforce across different regions
- Breadth of knowledge in end to end deal negotiation and portfolio management
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage critical situations
- Creative thinking and flexibility that allows you to operate in an agile high growth environment
With over 3 million square feet across 200 locations in New York, San Francisco, London, Los Angeles, Berlin, Brazil and Paris, Knotel is transforming the way we work with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for enterprises, so that business leaders can focus on building the future.
Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding, and was named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, HotelTonight, and Omnicom. To learn more, visit knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.