Director of Real Estate
The company is looking for a Director of Real Estate who will be responsible for growing the medical office footprint. You will serve as the internal expert on real estate and drive the expansion strategy externally with brokers and landlords. To succeed in the role, you must be a dealmaker at heart. You are adept at solving a variety of challenges, have a high sense of urgency, and are extremely organized. This role will report to the COO in the NYC Headquarters.
What you’ll do:
- Grow the real estate portfolio: Develop a deal pipeline that achieves the company's growth goals, while delivering against established the financial targets and location requirements. Analyze each market, conduct tours in target markets, and manage external relationships to secure new leases.
- Develop processes: Develop processes around deal sourcing that leads to timely deal conversion with favorable terms. Create a system to support ongoing portfolio management as we scale.
- Analyze market data: Synthesize market data and best practices and establish standards to support excellent site selection.
- Manage leases: You are responsible for all transactional work related to the real estate portfolio.
- Negotiate deals: You will negotiate the LOI terms and leases with landlords for deals, manage internal review and oversee lease execution. You possess a breadth of knowledge in end-to-end deal negotiations. You manage the process in a manner that promotes favorable outcomes.
- Build Relationships: You have a deep network with landlords and developers. You can articulate the company's unique value proposition. You will manage relationships and maintain a high degree of alignment.
What you’ll need:
- At least 8 years of relevant real estate experience, including 3+ years on the retailer side overseeing site selection and opening 15+ locations a year.
- Successful experience in navigating the landlord/tenant relationship.
- Financial modeling skills and understanding of real estate costs and pro forma sensitivities.
- A clear, concise communicator with exceptional critical thinking skills.
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships and gain agreement with timelines from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge about the nitty gritty of the real estate market, especially within the medical space.
- Experience in design and on-site construction experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in real estate, architecture, engineering, or a related field. Graduate degree (MBA, Masters of Real Estate, or Masters of Construction Management) preferred.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time.