Director of Retention at Freshly
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:19 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, April 7, 2020
Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being a part of history and future success.
The Growth Team is looking for a data-driven & results oriented Director of Retention to join our New York team. The Director of Retention should have a proven, robust analytical skill set and demonstrated expertise in leading retention strategy through email marketing, push, SMS, friend referral, and paid channels. Reporting to the VP of Growth, you’d play a critical role in growing and scaling Freshly’s subscriber base, increasing subscriber engagement and minimizing churn.
- Lead CRM team in refining and improving lifecycle marketing strategy across email, push, SMS, and referral programs with the goal of increasing retention and LTV
- Create testing roadmap and work alongside creative and content to produce and test high performing assets
- Generate and test new concepts and tactics that transform insights into action; scale successful pilots and create on-going business optimizations
- Partner with Marketing Analytics to refine retention dashboards and analyze campaign performance
- Partner with Data and Product to build world-class models to drive personalized communications and actions
- Leverage predictive (churn, recommendations) to improve segmentation and campaign performance
- Partner with Growth and Consumer Insights to guide research and uncover further opportunities for testing and strategy
- Partner with Director of Acquisition to understand acquisition strategy, ensure consistent messaging, and test full funnel strategies
- Partner with Platform and Product to launch new features geared towards improving retention (on-boarding, logged-in homepage, pop-ups)
- 5+ years in a relevant leadership role driving retention/growth, with strong experience in member engagement, retention, and lifecycle. D2C or tech product experience a must.
- A highly analytical and data-driven mindset; you're an expert in Excel and can leverage data and research to drive decisions
- You can translate data and trends into actionable insights and execute against them
- You can work effectively both independently and cross functionally with teams; you’re a confident leader who can ensure everyone is marching towards the common goal
- You have a growth mindset and get excited by challenges and new problems to solve
- You are entrepreneurial in spirit (experience in start-up environments preferred)
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here’s some chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
WSJ - Freshly Hires It's New CMO From Spotify - Mayur Gupta
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description