Director of Stores, West at Peloton
In your role, you lead a team of Regional Sales Managers, ensuring that they optimize the sales performance and profitability of our growing network of Showrooms within their region. You effectively solve problems related to People and Retail initiatives. You provide impact on strategy and also influence functional direction. You expertly advise your team on best practices on leading effectively, and are responsible for ensuring that all elements of sales goals are met. The Director of Stores must spend 2+ days/week in the field at Peloton Showrooms.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
SALES & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Provide sales direction and guidance to inspire and enable them to meet or exceed sales targets on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Evaluate sales performance - compiling weekly, monthly, and YTD assessments
- Provide updates on performance to the senior Retail leadership
- Develop strategies to raise performance in all stores and return any under-performing location to profit targets
- Hire and develop best in class team of field leadership
- Oversee hiring of Showroom Managers
- Administer quarterly and annual performance reviews
- Coach to sales performance opportunities and create development plans
- Develop Regional Sales Manager team; create succession planning
- Partner closely with Regional People Business Partner in efforts to create and maintain a positive and productive culture that emulates Peloton's values, with a focus on engagement, development, and positive employee relations
- Ensure growth of Member base via the use of Salesforce, community engagement, and lasting relationships
- Ensure appropriate representation of the Peloton brand in every element of the retail experience, including culture, standards, people and communication
- Always represent the brand as an enthusiastic ambassador
- 8+ years of experience as a manager (preferably multi-showroom manager) in an environment where building & motivating high performance, service-oriented teams is critical to success
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Proven track record of effective qualitative and quantitative judgment and decision making
- Strong financial acumen including the ability to build budgets, sales targets, and manage P&L
- Proficiency with CRM platforms necessary (Salesforce is a plus)
- 60% of the time will be spent in stores and traveling
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This is primarily an active position, involving long periods of standing and lifting items weighing 25 lbs or more. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.