Director of Strategy & Operations at Policygenius
About the role….
As Director of Business Operations for our Property & Casualty Insurance (P&C) team, you will lead a high performing, multi-disciplinary team and work cross functionally to develop strategic initiatives, deliver business impact, and delight our clients and strategic partners.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to balance problem-solving and process, think both strategically and tactically, and bring a deep understanding of the interplay between operations, marketing, product and business intelligence. You should have experience developing a strategic roadmap and executing cross-functional initiatives at a high-growth technology or financial services company. You likely come from a deeply analytical background, with experience developing and scaling people processes with the goal of driving performance and delivering impact. The ideal candidate for this role is just the right mix of a skillful problem solver, thoughtful operator and dedicated people leader. This role reports to the Vice President of P&C Operations.
In this role, you will…
- Lead a small but mighty team that works across the P&C Operations organization and other stakeholders to ensure smooth and effortless operations during a period of rapid growth
- Analyze real time and historical performance metrics to maximize efficiency and mitigate issues; regularly report out on operational KPIs and SLAs
- Combine qualitative and quantitative insights to launch initiatives that will improve processes across P&C Operations teams
- Partner with Product, Marketing, Business Intelligence and frontline teams to implement changes to market segmentation, workflows, and incentive systems
- Evaluate contact center data to identify trends that signal opportunities, challenges and risks; recommend actionable processes and tactics
- Create workforce management plans including forecasting, scheduling, tracking, monitoring and reporting daily and monthly statistics; track progress of teams and individuals against targets
- Develop relationships with senior stakeholders on other teams, addressing concerns and removing roadblocks to drive projects forward
- Manage special projects as needed
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- 7+ years of experience leading strategic initiatives in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Prior experience in an operational, project management, or management consulting role
- Strong business insight paired with a desire to work through problems and guide meaningful business decisions, sometimes with incomplete information
- Extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to effectively navigate and influence change across all levels of an organization
- Excellent people management and coaching skills paired with a track record of leading business operations teams, from recruiting to performance management to professional development
- Natural curiosity, exceptional analytical skills and the ability to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data, formulate and test hypotheses, synthesize your findings and draw insightful conclusions
- The ability to remain focused and organized in a dynamic environment, bringing order to chaos and driving execution
- A go-getter attitude; you’re willing to be proactive to take on new projects and responsibilities
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!