Director, Strategy at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a passionate Director, Strategy to help us evaluate opportunities to enable rapid growth in our member base, drive innovation in the member experience, and improve our competitive market position. Reporting to the VP, Strategy & Corporate Development, he/she/they will work cross-functionally to help shape critical strategic and business development initiatives for the company. This individual will lead a high performing team and provide dedicated support and thought partnership to key areas of the business including Membership, International, Product Development and Product Marketing for Bike, Tread, and App.
The Strategy function sits within Peloton’s broader Strategy, Corporate Development, and M&A team and is responsible for leading the company-wide strategic planning process, leading foundational research (competitive intel, market map, total addressable market), and supporting and partnering with senior leadership on high priority, cross-functional strategy projects.
- Build, maintain, and own strong relationships with leadership across the Bike, Tread, Digital (App), Membership, and International businesses
- Ensure we are focused on the most important, impactful questions by frequently meeting and collaborating with team members across dedicated teams
- Lead development of your team’s roadmap for highly cross-functional strategy projects in partnership with Strategy team leadership
- Oversee and lead the scoping of complex, often research-based projects and secure stakeholder and working team engagement and alignment up front
- Oversee and lead high-priority executive sponsored projects end-to-end spanning product development and product pricing, market sizing, demand planning research, international expansion, membership strategy, and annual global TAM/SAM analysis
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners (specifically, finance, product analytics, business teams, and project sponsors) to ensure projects lead to impactful recommendations and outcomes
- Lead a best-in-class, collaborative, growing team of 3+ high performing individuals
- Guide team on best practices by utilizing your expertise in primary and secondary research, project management, and stakeholder management
- Lead and effectively manage your team’s budget
- Provide support to partner teams with annual planning, if needed
- Study the competitive landscape and make strategic recommendations based on industry trends and insights
- On occasion, participate in Peloton board meetings and support team leadership with board material creation
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience, MBA preferred
- Prior top tier management consulting, and/or corporate strategy experience is required; experience at a D2C subscription company is a plus
- Prior people management experience
- Highly organized and experienced in managing multiple cross-functional large-scale projects at once
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with all levels throughout the organization and present comfortably to leadership
- Experience executing and managing primary / secondary research and translating data into strategic recommendations to aid in decision making
- Excellent strategic problem solving and analytical skills
- Superior verbal and written communicator
- Great attention to detail and self motivation
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and Google Suite (Slides, Sheets, Docs)
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.