Director, Supply Chain Strategy & Innovation at Peloton
The Director, Supply Chain Strategy and Innovation role is a key part of the Supply Chain Planning and Logistics team at Peloton. This role is pivotal in our journey to future growth and expansion as we head for the next inflection point in our supply chain maturity curve.
The Director will provide overall leadership across the organization on supply chain strategic initiatives across Supply Chain Planning & Logistics. You will lead high-priority strategic initiatives in alignment to the business strategy and Peloton’s long range plan by providing fact-based data analysis to support decision making, innovative solutions and new supply chain models. The Director will collaborate closely across multiple functions within Peloton ensuring alignment, support and accountability. The Director will build strong relationships with key stakeholders, executives and employees across the company to secure organizational commitment for defined strategies.
The Director Supply Chain Strategy and Innovation will report to the Senior Vice President Supply Chain Planning and Logistics.
Strategy & Innovation
- Creates the strategic plan for supply chain based on evolving business plan and market dynamics. Determine overall optimal supply chain future state leveraging best practices and innovative solutions.
- Use’s analytical approach to rigorously assess the as is and define the to be strategy.
- Partners with functional owners across Supply Chain Planning and Logistics to translate strategic objectives into a project roadmap including people, process, systems and assets.
- Builds internal processes and procedures to support supply chain strategy.
- Develop comprehensive and integrated exercises to test and update strategic plans on a regular basis. Works with other teams to ensure risks are sufficiently identified, assessed, mitigated, and reported.
- Evaluate best in class supply chain technology and infrastructure suitable to the scope and size of the business, as well as scale for future growth. Contribute to the technology strategy by identifying, assessing and recommending external trends in technology and methodologies.
- Develop, implement and manage the requisite disciplines and skill sets that underlie an optimal supply chain operation as well as the ultimate organizational structure for its successful ongoing execution
- Assist in the development of annual supply chain budgets in accordance with the overall strategy to achieve company goals
Supply Chain Analytics
- Lead the Supply Chain Analytics function
- Drive best practices and innovative solution in supply chain analytics, leveraging AI and ML tools
- Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks to measure the success of the Planning and Logistics initiatives.
- Lead the Supply Chain Program Management function
- Monitoring and tracking of key Planning & Logistics program effectiveness using reports, dashboards and scorecards on the operational status and maturity of programs
- Lead key supply chain programs across Planning and Logistics
- Ability to present supply chain strategy to executive leadership steering team
- Excellent strategic problem solving & analytical skills; strong business acumen
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with all levels of employees
- Demonstrated ability of managing cost performance across product lines from multiple sources
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional projects at an enterprise level
- Ability to self-initiate and prioritize workload to meet goals and objectives on time and on budget
- Ability to analyze information effectively and consistently
- Engage in the high-performance culture characterized by high integrity, efficiency, productivity, teamwork, collaboration, innovation and camaraderie
- Strong innovative and creative ability. “Out of the box” thinker
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Proven leadership experience leading critical cross-functional programs.
- Ability to structure, manage, and coordinate complex cross-organization projects and processes with multiple stakeholders. Ability to influence without authority.
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Ability to recognize and deal appropriately with sensitive and confidential information
- Expert at summarizing, packaging, and presenting data to assist management in assessing options and decision making
- Possess a demonstrated sense of urgency with the ability to perform well under significant enterprise-wide pressure
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional management while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) or equivalent from four-year college in supply chain management or related field is preferred. Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in a Senior Management position with success in business improvement and supply chain leadership including a background that includes complex organization change in manufacturing and retail with a high volume of products.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.