Hyperscience is a technology company blazing a new path in enterprise automation with a reimagined approach to building and powering processes. The Hyperscience Platform is the world's first Software-Defined, Input-to-Outcome Automation platform used by top public companies and government organizations around the world to build and run mission-critical processes with ease and speed.
Hyperscience helps enterprises quickly build and roll out new business processes with built-in automations, reduce manual errors, increase high- and low-skilled employee productivity, and eliminate the need for costly transformation. Hyperscience’s Intelligent Document Processing solution has been implemented at some of the world's leading financial services, insurance, healthcare and government organizations, including TD Ameritrade, QBE Insurance Group Limited and Voya Financial, helping them lower costs, reduce error rates by 67% and increase employee capacity by 10x.
Since its founding in 2014, Hyperscience has grown to more than 250 employees with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, and London, UK, and has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work, with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
The Customer Experience team at Hyperscience acts as the customer’s trusted advisor and advocate, building and growing an ongoing healthy relationship with each customer. Team members are responsible for preserving our current business, opening doors for additional opportunities, and growing our customers into life-long Hyperscience advocates.
The Director of Technical Support is responsible for two functions within the Customer Experience organization: 1) overseeing our Technical Support Engineers who provide support to customers through various channels both during implementation and post-launch, and 2) establishing and growing a team of forward-deployed engineers and systems integration specialists supporting new customer onboarding and expansion as well as channel partners. You will work with several teams across the organization to ensure all SLAs and customer support goals are met as well as to create the necessary connective tissue and swimlanes between them to establish what “good” looks like in using new extensibility tools, systems integration and curation of same. This Director will leverage their background in technical support, product extensibility (“customization”) and systems integration along with a track record for building teams to create a true Center of Excellence for our customers, and be a role model for their team.
- Lead and scale a team of Technical Support Engineers and Forward Deployed Engineers
- Provide world class customer experience by delivering satisfaction to every case and project for every customer and channel partner
- Increase % of tickets resolved at Level 1 to meet departmental goals
- Oversee telephone, screen sharing, and ticket-based (eg. Zendesk, JIRA) support to troubleshoot issues with our customers and ensure all data security compliance policies are followed.
- Structure a US Federal customer and channel partner support model in partnership with Engineering that accounts for Fed-specific requirements (i.e. clearances, citizenship, data privacy, etc.)
- Remain current with the Hyperscience product functions and features, and with related technologies in our ecosystem
- Monitor and report on SLA support compliance and contract support term deviation from our standards, working with Customer Success teams to modify and amend as appropriate.
- Facilitate partnership with product and engineering teams for continuous improvement
- Establish and execute best practices for using new product extensibility tools and systems integration, as well as curation of same to facilitate effective flow of commonly used extensions/integrations into the product roadmap for inclusion in standard features.
- Coordinate and manage global support rotation across the department to meet contractual SLA’s for priority tickets 24x7x365
- Manage escalations and connect with executive stakeholders, partnering with peers across the organization
- Ensure team documents findings to properly maintain Hyperscience’s support knowledge base, ensure it is utilized effectively and maintained and expanded over time.
- 5+ years global experience in a technical support or helpdesk role supporting packaged enterprise and/or cloud-hosted software for external customers with at least 2 years in a managerial role
- Experience with Linux system administration, container technology, and services oriented or distributed systems architecture solutions
- Experience with customization or extensibility tools in enterprise packaged software, either on-premise or SaaS
- Experience leading and executing process definition and improvement within a support organization
- Track record of growing and developing teams
- Track record of building effective partnerships with client IT teams
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Curious and able to troubleshoot challenges related to improving support organizations and specific incident management, prioritizing an excellent experience for the customer
- Experience with LDAP and SSO platforms
- Knowledge of database configuration and troubleshooting: Oracle, MySQL, PostgresSql
- Experience supporting FED (US Federal) or SLED (State and Local governments and Higher Education) customers and partners a plus
- Experience with Docker a plus
- Experience supporting both on-premise and SaaS solutions
- Experience with file store management a plus
- Experience with machine learning products is a plus
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Wellness stipend
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
For Sofia/UK roles: All job applications will be treated and processed with strict confidentiality and in full compliance with the GDPR provisions. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.