Director, Title Operations at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
We are seeking a Director of Title Operations to join Better’s fastest growing new business line, Better Settlement Services. The Director of Title Operations will be instrumental in the growth of Better’s rapidly expanding national title insurance agency. The Director of title Operations will be responsible for managing title operational processes, expanding our national footprint, ensuring strong adherence to regulatory and legal guidelines, and helping us evolve the state of title insurance. The ideal candidate is customer obsessed, has a strong industry experience, and is looking for a new challenge to make title insurance “Better”.
Responsibilities will include:
- Take ownership of title operational processes, improving existing ones and develop new ones where gaps exist to effectively scale Better Settlement Services
- Scope and define operational team roadmap, building out a team as we grow the title and settlement services business
- Manage a team of operators and partners to ensure successful delivery against monthly and quarterly targets (volume and operational)
- Define, implement, and monitor the goals, objectives, and work standards for an operational team in both the U.S. and India
- Work closely with our Better.com and title underwriting partners to define and deliver an outstanding title insurance process
- Leverage deep industry experience to develop and enhance processes, while continuously seeking to innovate and improve the way title insurance is delivered
- Develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures that comply with regulatory and statutory guidelines, rules, and standards
- Deliver robust monitoring and reporting to ensure high standards of excellence and achievement of operational goals
- Work closely with management to define strategic roadmap and develop and monitor KPIs and financial targets
- Experience in a combination of escrow operations, title, realtor and lender sales, and being a people leader
- 12+ years of management/leadership experience.
- 7+ years working in the title insurance, lending, or real estate industries required
- Demonstrated competency in creating and execution on strategic plans
- Proven track record of leading large, complex projects with multiple stakeholders and driving organizational change
- Demonstrated success with meeting the needs of a wide range of employees while driving team performance, monitoring results and appropriately allocating resources
- Strong experience and knowledge of functional tools and infrastructure
- A deep understanding of metrics/dashboards that drive an environment and culture of continuous improvement and data-driven decision making
- Possesses strong problem-solving, collaboration, critical thinking, team building, and presentation skills
- Results oriented with strong time management and project management skills, and must be highly organized and driven to succeed
- Strong leadership skills, leading by example, driving employee commitment through actions, and empowering employees to reach their full potential.
- High capacity for dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen, understand, analyze, and develop creative solutions
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to solving problems
- Ability to think strategically but enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves to get things done
- Bonus Points For: Experience in managing or overseeing Texas Title Agency Operations
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.