Director, Total Rewards & Operations at LeafLink
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With thousands of retailers and thousands of brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Thrive Capital and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!The Role
LeafLink is seeking a Director, Total Rewards & Operations to join our fast-growing team. In this role, you will be reporting to the VP, People and will develop plans and programs that allow us to attract, engage and retain the talent needed to execute on our business strategy. As part of a growing team and company, the Director, Total Rewards & Operations will also be involved in implementing new systems and creating an amazing employee experience for LeafLinkers.Responsibilities
- Build and lead a team of Rewards & Operations professionals ensuring an excellent employee experience at various stages of the employee lifecycle.
- Develop and implement the total rewards strategy to align with company strategy and mission and values
- Evaluate market trends and recommend updates to company compensation (base, incentive, and equity) and benefits plans that align with company strategy and objectives
- Serve as the point person to ensure regulatory compliance and companywide upkeep of federal, state and local employment legislation
- Act as the main point of contact for any internal and external audits regarding HR processes and ensure people data integrity
- Play a critical role in the selection and implementation of a companywide HRIS
- Collaborate on a strategic and tactical level with the Leadership Team, HRBPs, Talent Acquisition, Finance, and Legal on a variety of people and business-related initiatives to support organization and operational goals
- Build, manage, and leverage relationships with outside vendors and partners
- You’ve worked in fast paced high growth environments
- You have experience ensuring compliance with regulatory activities including department of labor, workers compensation, unemployment etc.
- You have a proven track record with creating solid relationships with internal business partners
- You have interest in examining data and HR metrics to improve the organization
- You understand the core principles about comp strategy and planning
- You have the discipline, organization, attention to detail and agility move between different responsibilities
- You build trust and integrity using data and empathy to build relationships and problem solve
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8-10 years professional experience in various HR functions
- 1-2 years experience working in fast paced, high growth start up is a must
- Experience administering an HRIS
- Highly analytical - must be able to communicate data and trends to the company's leaders
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Company sponsored Annual Citibike Membership for NYC employees
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.