Director of Training (CX and Retail) at Rent the Runway
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
The CX & Retail Training team creates and delivers all training for employees working in frontline roles with our customer. You’ll work with leaders on both teams to onboard new employees as well as develop the curriculum for ongoing training. With our ever growing and evolving business, you’ll be responsible for all technical training as these teams continue to scale.
About the Job:
As the Training Director, CX & Retail, you will own the end to end training of both teams, including new hire training and all ongoing technical training programs. You’ll work closely with the HR Director, and CX & Retail leadership teams to optimize the overall employee experience and create a cohesive training strategy.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and lead a team to develop a world class training department
- Work with the leadership team to assess the needs of our employees, including skills gap analyses
- Oversee and create the course catalog that immerses new hires in our business with a deep understanding of our product and obsession with creating a world class customer experience
- Design ongoing booster trainings to reinforce consistent processes and skill development, product enhancement awareness and customer service strategies, ensuring that all trainings are of the highest quality
- Assess technology needs to better train a scaled, decentralized workforce while also managing to overarching training budget, including e-training
- Develop a team of trainers and training coordinators; provide coaching as they create and deliver content
- Implement a process to better evaluate training and trainer effectiveness
- Work with the Learning & Development team to incorporate company-wide core competencies into overall training plans
- Partner with the Recruiting and HR teams to identify evolving training needs
- You are familiar with various methods and of course design for both groups and individuals, including remote training
- You have a passion for continuous improvement, ongoing learning, and testing new ideas
- You have 10 years of training experience including course design and supervision/management of a training team.
- You’re an excellent communicator, across all levels and mediums
- You have a strong background in customer-centric roles
- You have a BS / MS in Human Resources, Learning and Development, Organizational Psychology or another relevant field
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!