Director, Unemployment Insurance at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
As the Director, Unemployment Insurance (UI) you will lead the Justworks Unemployment Insurance operations and claims professionals. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced UI professional to build programs that will help mitigate risk exposures for thousands of small business owners. You will be part of a team that generates significant revenue to the organization and will be responsible for implementing strategies, improving operational efficiencies, and educating team members. As a leader at Justworks, you strike the balance between getting down in the weeds to apply your knowledge and expertise with your ability to pull up and help to set plans for the future.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Develop strategies to improve controls and operational procedures to increase financial performance of UI program
- Elevate the industry and business acumen of the state unemployment claims teams
- Train and educate Justworks leadership on claims processes, requirements, and best practices
- Manage a team of claims associates and operations analysts
- Partner with Training and Enablement to develop communication, awareness, and compliance regarding industry/legal requirements of our customers
- Work collaboratively with Justworks’ vendor partners; source, recommend, and implement new partnerships to improve risk controls and metrics
- Collaborate with Underwriting department to ensure stronger up front risk selection
- Perform other related duties as assigned
As a Director, Unemployment Insurance, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Ethical Practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Good Judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analysis and assessment of implications, identification of patterns, making connections of underlying issues, and the ownership of the outcome
- Clear Communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding
- Analytical - Uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Solution Oriented - Identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Strategic Mindset - Anticipates future trends and implications accurately; articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
- Business Insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Minimum 7 years unemployment insurance experience including but not limited to claims management, customer data collection, relationship development with state agencies, and efforts for UI modernization,
- Minimum 3 years experience in people management leading and developing a high-performing team
- Ability to multitask, incorporating excellent analytical, organizational skills and flexibility, to prioritize work and deliver the maximum business value
- Strong technical acumen and the ability to adapt/learn new systems
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment