Director, Unstructured Data Processing Operations
We're looking for a Director of Unstructured Data Processing (UDP) Operations to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
Much of the useful patient data in oncology is trapped in unstructured data within Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems. Unstructured data processing (UDP) combines technology, operations, and clinical expertise to enable Flatiron to unlock value from unstructured data. In this role, you'll lead the Abstraction Operations and Mortality Data teams to ensure they are consistently delivering, operating efficiently, and scaling, as needed, to meet Flatiron’s strategic business and research goals.
Reporting to the Senior Director of UDP Operations, you'll lead day-to-day operations for both teams and be responsible for the management, growth, and scaling of this large (1,500+) remote, part-time workforce. Flatiron’s real-world evidence product offerings are dependent on UDP successfully processing unstructured data in an efficient and reliable manner and the Director of UDP Operations is accountable for the team’s continued success.
In addition, you'll also:
- Design, document and execute scalable workflows and processes to ensure consistent and reliable UDP operations
- Proactively drive the strategic direction and priorities for the Abstraction Operations and Mortality Data teams based on business needs
- Support the growth of the team: hire, develop, and mentor team members; develop best practice documentation and processes; and plan for the future by identifying and addressing bottlenecks, gaps, and risks
- Work cross-functionally across Flatiron teams to plan for new projects and new feature rollouts as well as maintain business as usual
- Develop comprehensive and effective performance metrics and dashboards to inform discussions and decisions about performance management, scaling strategy, investment prioritization, etc.
The Director, UDP Operations will work collaboratively with a variety of teams (e.g., IT, Recruiting, and People Ops) as well as key stakeholders, including Product, Clinical Data, Abstraction, Real World Evidence and other research project teams.
Who You Are
You're a resourceful operations leader with 7+ years’ experience. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who excels in a fast-paced environment and is committed to seeking and giving candid feedback.
- You have 5+ years’ management experience with a passion for leading and developing teams
- You have a proven ability to think outside the box, optimize processes and lead change
- You have strong analytical skills and are committed to data-driven decision making
- You have strong organization and time management skills
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have startup experience
- You have a healthcare background
- Lean Six Sigma experience
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.