Director, Vendor Management at TrialSpark
TrialSpark is a technology company that brings new medical treatments to patients faster by reimagining the clinical trial process. We’re fundamentally changing how clinical trials are run, rethinking the trial process both from a technology and operational perspective. To achieve this, we’re bringing together talent from top technology, CRO, and biopharma companies to work side by side.
As Director, Vendor Management, you will be responsible for leading TrialSpark’s vendor management strategy, as well as ensuring our strategic vendor relationships are performing efficiently and effectively. As a founding member of the team, you will play a core role in developing our vendor selection and oversight processes, as well as building out the vendor management team as our business scales. This is a critical and high visibility role within TrialSpark, and represents a unique opportunity to reimagine what vendor management looks like at a modern, technology-forward clinical trials company.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Using industry knowledge, experience, and first-principles thinking to drive TrialSpark’s vendor management strategy.
- Defining our vendor evaluation processes, including vendor identification, risk assessment, RFI and RFP processes, and vendor selection.
- Partnering closely with our QA team on vendor qualification processes, as well our Finance, and Legal teams on contracting and budget negotiations.
- Establishing our vendor oversight program, including vendor scorecards and performance review meetings, among other strategies.
- Leading vendor strategy across our portfolio of studies, ensuring our vendor partners deliver against time, quality and budget targets.
- Represent vendor management capabilities to study sponsors, including participating in bid defenses.
- Lend industry expertise across TrialSpark, helping us plot our route toward making clinical trials faster, more efficient, and higher quality.
Skills, abilities, and knowledge:
- A demonstrated ability to lead vendor management strategy.
- Deep experience developing efficient and scalable vendor management programs and processes.
- A track record of building and leading high performing vendor management teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in clinical trial vendor landscape.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of clinical research concepts, practices, and regulations.
- Critical thinker with ability to step back and rethink legacy assumptions in the clinical research space; should be able to point to what’s wrong, and how you would do it differently if starting from scratch.
- Excellent cross-functional partnership skills; you know how to work across an organization to achieve objectives and meet timelines.
- Solid written and oral communication skills; can synthesize complex concepts and deliver messages clearly.
Education and Experience
- 8+ years of clinical trial operations experience at a sponsor or CRO
- 4+ years leading vendor management teams, with demonstrated growth within the function
- BS required, preferably in life sciences or a related field
- Preferably located in the greater New York metro area or willing to relocate. If remote, must be willing to travel to the NYC office 3+ days per week.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.