At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.The job
As part of the People & Workplace team Justworks is seeking a Director Workplace who has the passion and the drive to ensure that our physical space reflects the success and culture of Justworks and enables our people to execute as an organization. Ideally, you will have 10+ years of experience in a previous workplace role and people management experience. You will run our daily operations in our current office and own the strategy and execution of our expanding Workplace needs. Your team will be responsible for ensuring that Justworks continues to be one of the best places to work!What you'll do
- Own and execute the vision of how the workplace can enhance and enable a great office culture and foster collaboration and employee happiness
- Build and manage the administrative and office budget and work closely with finance to track expenses
- Collaborate with finance on lease negotiations and financial forecasting
- Manage landlord relationship
- Own large vendor relationships and negotiate most favorable terms for the company
- Oversee office management team
- Assure that our offices and employees are always safe and secure
- Lead and project manage all space planning, office built outs, facilities changes, moves and the establishment of new offices
- Work collaboratively with other departments including IT, Security and People & Talent
- Ad hoc project responsibilities as needed
- 4-Year College Degree preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Facilities Management
- 4+ experience successfully managing a team
- Visual and architectural ambition for fun, clean and functional design that enables collaboration
- 4+ years of budget management experience, financial forecasting, and great vendor negotiation skills
- Experience building out and moving an office of at least 200+ employees
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for facilities, office operations, and workplace culture
- Knowledge of OSHA, building, HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems
- Understanding and comfort with a fast-growing start-up culture
- Willingness to adjust work hours to specifics of the business at the time
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.