TrialSpark is a technology-driven drug development company that runs end-to-end clinical trials, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. To combat this industry problem, TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of a clinical trial, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher trial data quality.
TrialSpark recently raised their Series C, and is putting the capital to work by in-licensing and co-developing drug programs through in-house development, joint ventures, and NewCos. Together with doctors, patients, and communities, TrialSpark is working to develop the treatments of tomorrow.
This is a key role in the growth of TrialSpark and our Medical Team. You will be responsible for providing medical input into our Business Development strategy and execution, play a key role in drafting Clinical Development Plans and protocols for clinical studies, and supporting the execution of clinical studies as a project physician.
Your ability to understand and navigate the complexities of healthcare data and clinical trials will be essential to your success and the success of TrialSpark. In addition, the ability to work effectively in a matrix environment and to communicate effectively across multiple stakeholders is essential.
Clinical study planning and execution
- Development of protocol concepts, protocols and clinical development plans for TrialSpark assets and for biotech clients
- Medical leadership in the execution of clinical trials - risk assessment, operational considerations, safety and efficacy considerations
- Medical monitoring and oversight of phase 2-4 trials
- Provide clinical trial design consulting services to biotech clients
- Review of potential client pipelines to develop scientific and data-driven commercial strategies
- Direct participation in introductory client calls and bid defenses
- Help identify potential opportunities based on client pipelines/scientific advances
- Drive/contribute to trial operations and medical processes to achieve continued innovation and improvement
- Support the training and engagement of our Investigator network
- Based on review of the scientific landscape contribute to therapeutic areas strategy
- Based on the clinical trial design landscape contribute to study design and planning strategy
- Clinical training for internal stakeholders and clinical trial sites (e.g. overviews of specific disease areas, drug mechanisms of action, protocol requirements, etc.
- Input into patient recruitment tools
- Ideas for recruitment strategies - i.e. creative ideas for where we can find patients
- At least 5 years experience in biotech (preferred), pharma or CRO to include protocol development and medical oversight/monitoring of phase 2-4 studies (final title to be determined by experience level)
- MD/DO degree required
- Board certified by accredited speciality board - Internal Medicine preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.