Disputes Specialist at Current
Current is a leading U.S. challenger bank built to meet the needs of people with unique lives who have been overlooked by the traditional banking industry. We believe banking should be accessible and affordable for all Americans and are bringing premium financial services to everyone, regardless of age or income level, to help improve financial outcomes. The Current Core, our custom-built banking technology, makes this possible by providing greater stability, faster money, faster support and cost efficiencies that we then pass on to our community of over 800,000 members. We give members up to two days faster direct deposit paychecks without overdraft fees, minimum balance requirements or hidden fees as well as access to 55,000 free ATMs worldwide, support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and much more
About the role:
As a Dispute Specialist, you’ll help us investigate member dispute claims, coordinate funds recovery with merchants, and resolve claims in accordance with Federal Regulations and network rules. The Disputes Specialist is an integral part of a high functioning team that promotes the conciliation and/or arbitration to resolve disputes and negotiations between consumers and the business. You will participate in risk initiatives, monitor fraud trends, and focus on financial recovery efforts in order to maintain reputational standing.
- Ownership of the full dispute case management process.
- Reviews all outstanding claims in a timely manner to meet Regulation E policies and internal SLAs.
- Communicate claim investigation findings to customers.
- File chargebacks and fraud reporting in accordance with payment network (Visa, MasterCard) rules.
- Review merchant representments and determine if they met compelling evidence thresholds; execute arbitrations when necessary.
- Initiates appropriate action to resolve disputes, ensuring potential financial risk to Current is mitigated.
- Respond to document requests and rebuttals, and communicate findings to customers.
- Liaise with our banking partners to investigate ACH disputes, file the appropriate paperwork and work with the customer to resolve the claim.
- 3 - 5 years experience working in a risk related or banking role, with a focus on consumer compliance.
- Working knowledge of Regulation E.
- Ability to multitask and communicate correct information.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- A strong understanding of financial services and the payment industry.
- Strong analytical skills and has the ability to offer a consistent unbiased resolution, eliminating moral judgement from cases.
- Advanced Microsoft Office or G Suite skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental, vision benefits with 100% premium covered for employees
- Unlimited vacation days and paid holidays
- Discounted gym memberships
- Employee commuter benefits
- Company equity & discretionary performance bonuses
- Healthcare and Dependant care FSA benefit
- A collaborative open floor plan in our Soho-based office with a stocked fridge and kitchen, occasional catered lunches, hot and cold drinks, and happy hours