E-commerce Manager at Casper
Reporting to the VP of Ecommerce, Casper’s Ecommerce Manager is responsible for strategically growing Casper.com and optimizing our P&L as we expand our online reach and product assortment. This is an ideal position for a numbers-driven, proactive leader who is interested in deeply understanding every element of running a fast-growing Ecommerce DTC business. Part number-crunching, part strategy, and part cross-functional coordination, this role is sure to keep you on your toes and appeal to your entrepreneurial streak.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do...
- Report and analyze impact of promotional activities, new product launches, website optimizations to the E-Commerce business to inform future company strategy
- Work closely with the VP of Ecommerce, Marketing, Finance and Analytics to prepare bottoms up forecasts of the business
- Coordinate with Marketing, Supply Chain/ Planning, Merchandising and Customer Experience teams to ensure their planning and execution is in lockstep with the goals set for the Ecommerce P&L
- Adjust forecasts as needed based on changes to the business and market conditions
- Work with merchandizing to define our pricing, discounting and promotional strategies based on past performance
- Assist VP of Ecommerce and other key business leaders with management of Ecommerce vendors, analyzing their performance to ensure they are accretive to bottom line. Identify opportunities for costs and process savings and suggest optimizations.
- Optimize daily, monthly, and quarterly business reporting in partnership with Analytics. Provide relevant commentary and actionable recommendations based on business trends
- 6-9 years of experience in an analytical, e-commerce merchandising, or general management role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Entrepreneurial problem solver with a solution-oriented mindset
- Strong quantitative and data skills, especially Excel
- Experience in cross functional leadership and alignment
- High level of emotional intelligence and ability to understand others’ point of view
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and drive projects forward
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, well-organized, and reliable
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!