EAP Clinician/Consultant (LCSW, LPC, LMFT) at Spring Health
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide consultation, psycho-education, and motivational assistance to address mental health, substance use, and family/relationship concerns to the covered membership of the dedicated customer.
- Assess for risk and manage member crises by providing in-the-moment support, triage, safety planning, and follow up.
- Conduct a clinical needs assessment to develop a plan of action for each member and refer to an appropriate level and modality of care (internal therapy or physician providers, external benefits, or community resources).
- Identify and problem-solve issues that serve as a barrier or disruption to care, with support from leadership.
- Implement measurement-based case management practices to improve member functioning and outcomes by monitoring treatment progress and promoting collaborative, effective care through our providers.
- Interact with multi-disciplinary teams such as care support, provider operations, customer success, and benefits/billing to ensure a smooth member experience.
- Complete required internal trainings, assignments, and team meetings.
- Follow Spring Health policies and maintain all confidentiality, compliance, and ethical standards.
- Act as a subject matter expert on the key customer account, including the customer’s benefits ecosystem and programs to provide appropriate referrals to members and to support the navigation team supporting the customer and train and advise the care team accordingly.
- Build and maintain close, strong relationships with the key customer stakeholders, including the Employee Health department.
- Participate in staff meetings, case consultations, and trainings both internally and with the dedicated customer vendor partners.
What we expect from you:
- LPC, LCSW, LMFT, or Psychologist with minimum of 5 years clinical experience (independent licensure required).
- Currently based in North Jersey Area (Hudson/Bergen County/NYC) for occasional in-person meetings.
- Health Plan experience preferred.
- Experience working with diverse populations (bilingual preferred).
- Knowledge of healthcare settings and community resources.
- Tech and computer savvy: very comfortable adopting new technologies and platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong presence in front of the customer account.
- The ability to command the conversation and share thoughts, even if not consistent with the customer.
- Able to go above and beyond and to multi-task and context switch!
Why you'll like working at Spring Health:
- Big mission: we're revolutionizing the mental health industry
- The challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Good benefits: we offer health, dental and vision benefits as well as access to mental health care on Spring Health
- Great people: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status