EMR Integration Engineer (Technical) at Flatiron Health
We're looking for an EMR Interface Engineer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Interfaces team as the primary technical touchpoint for our cancer center partners who use our EMR. You’ll work with customers to prototype dashboards, gather feedback and work with the broader Product Engineering team to identify and solve critical customer challenges. In addition, you'll also:
- Own the design, planning and execution of large-scale interoperability platform projects
- Act as a technical touchpoint with customers and assist with customer support issues related to interfaces
- Assist Customer Support to ensure live/production interfaces are stable, and work on multiple issues/tasks concurrently, monitor the status of tasks and escalate issues when appropriate
- Serve as a technical advisor on data conversion projects, and own engineering updates to conversion/ETL utilities
- Work with Product and Engineering to ensure interfaces are in sync with the core EMR product; design, develop, and QA interface engineering tickets
- Work directly with customers, vendors and internal team during discovery phase for workflow requirements, and be able to represent how interfaces would fit into the proposed solutions
We’re seeking detail-oriented problem solvers who are excited to dramatically impact the provider experience, and to grow within the Implementation organization and beyond at Flatiron.Who You Are
You're an engineer with experience working with integration engines and EMR systems. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have 3+ years of healthcare experience, preferably working directly with an EMR
- You have experience in developing and supporting HL7 interfaces version 2.x as well as CDA
- You have SQL experience and probably other query languages
- You have scripting experience (TCL, Powershell, or VB preferred)
- You are self-motivated and thrive in high-uncertainty situations
- You are flexible and adapt well to complex challenges
- You have strong analytical and technical skills
- You have experience with Infor Cloverleaf or another contemporary interface engine
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.