EMR Integration Engineer (Technical)
This position primarily focuses on products and services for OncoEMR, our web-based, oncology-specific electronic medical record (EMR) system used by over 2500 oncology clinicians every day to diagnose, treat and manage patients battling cancer.
The Interface Engineers are the primary technical touchpoint for our cancer center partners who use our EMR. They work with customers to prototype dashboards, gather feedback and work with the broader Product Engineering team to identify and solve critical customer challenges.
This position is located either in NYC or remote.
- Own the design, planning and execution of large-scale interoperability platform projects
- Act as a technical touchpoint with customers and assist with customer support issues related to interfaces
- Assist Customer Support to ensure live / production interfaces are stable, and work on multiple issues/tasks concurrently, monitor the status of tasks and escalate issues when appropriate
- Serve as a technical advisor on data conversion projects, and own engineering updates to conversion / ETL utilities
- Work with Product and Engineering to ensure interfaces are in sync with the core EMR product; design, develop, and QA interface engineering tickets
- Work directly with customers, vendors and internal team during discovery phase for workflow requirements, and be able to represent how interfaces would fit into proposed solutions
- You have 3+ years of healthcare experience (preferably working directly with an EMR)
- You have experience in developing and supporting HL7 interfaces version 2.x as well as CDA
- You have SQL experience and probably other query languages
- You have scripting experience (TCL, Powershell, or VB preferred)
- You are self-motivated and thrive in high-uncertainty situations
- You are flexible and adapt well to complex challenges
- You have strong analytical and technical skills
- You have experience with Infor Cloverleaf or another contemporary interface engine