EMR Integration Support Engineer at Flatiron Health
We're looking for an Integration Support Engineer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team, and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
Integration Support Engineers are the primary support touchpoint for our cancer center partners who use our EMR’s integration offerings. They work with customers and internal stakeholders to analyze and resolve technical integration issues, and bridge the gap between product, engineering, and client facing teams to identify and solve critical customer challenges. In addition, you'll also:
- Act as a technical touchpoint with customers and assist with customer support cases related to interfaces / integrations
- Work on multiple issues/tasks concurrently, monitor the status of tasks and escalate issues when appropriate. Properly manage and document all work performed as part of ticket queue management; resolve and close all tickets
- Own technical customer escalations and ensure integration systems’ stability for Flatiron clients
- Become an interoperability expert and collaborate with product and engineering teams to solve our clients’ integration challenges
- Use SQL and other ETL tools to better understand the reported issues and make informed decisions, and own corrective procedures in instances that require data updates, edits or corrections
- Read, trace, and debug code to find root cause. Recommend code changes to improve system stability, performance, and accuracy
- Analyze support chain of events and establish best practice procedures and/or detailed issue resolution steps
- Test, document, and validate existing and new interfaces
- Provide emergency on-call support during non-business hours
- Perform backups, create disaster recovery plans for hosted interfaces, improve alerting features, and improve overall performance and throughput of interfaces.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of our technical infrastructure and integration standards from experienced team members. You’ll work directly with clients, customer support representatives, account managers, and engineers to deliver the best possible product to our clients.
Who You Are
You're a highly collaborative strategic thinker who can read and, at times, write code. You have an appetite to learn more about integration/interoperability standards. You’re a kind, passionate, and determined problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day.
- You have a bachelor’s degree
- You have polished written and spoken communication skills and the ability to explain technical topics to non-technical audiences
- You have the ability to develop hypotheses with limited information to quickly solve ambiguous or complex problems
- You have the proven ability to build rapport and trust with complex customers
- You have experience with SQL and other query languages
- You have experience programming and debugging code
- You have strong project management, presentation, communication, and customer service skills
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have a technical degree (computer science or engineering)
- You have experience implementing and supporting HL7 interfaces version 2.x as well as CDA
- You have scripting experience in VB.net or Python/Java
- You have experience working with a customer relationship management software like Salesforce
- You have experience using an interface engine like Infor Cloverleaf and/or Mirth Connect
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.