Enablement Trainer, Better Real Estate (Transaction Coordinators) at Better
Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services included mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better
- Ranked #1 on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List for 2020 and 2021
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's Best Companies for Millenials 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021
- People Magazine Companies that Care 2021
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021
- Top Women Originators 2021
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- Better has raised over $400M in equity capital since inception
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies; and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance services.
A Better Opportunity:
As the Better Real Estate team has grown, so has the training team. This growth has created the need for more Transaction Coordinator Trainers within the Enablement team who will ensure that the team has the knowledge and resources to continue to grow/develop successfully.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating workflow training & other trainings on a bi-weekly basis (1-2 new hire classes per month)
- Continuing to facilitate trainings, including but not limited to Workflow Training, Continuing Education, and other trainings yet to be introduced
- Identifying training gaps and ways to improve on our existing trainings
- Creating and updating training content on an as-needed basis
- Consistently keeping an eye open for opportunities for process optimizations in BRE org and feeling confident in your ability to present your ideas regularly to managers and cross-functional leadership
- Collecting feedback and sharing feedback with TC managers to allow for improvement
- Being an effective and consistent point of contact for new hires during their 2-week onboarding training
- Providing a smooth transition for new hires shifting from the onboarding program to their direct manager
**This role will continue to evolve over time as the Enablement and Transaction Coordinator teams grow. The tasks will constantly adapt to the needs of the Better Real Estate Organization and the business as a whole.
- You have a passion for Real Estate
- You have experience in a trainer/teacher role and are considered a subject matter expert by your colleagues and manager
- You are passionate about helping your colleagues develop and learn
- You have many examples of exceptional written communication, time management, and organizational skills
- You have a history of being highly adaptable to change and meeting multiple deadlines simultaneously (Must love constant change!)
- You have demonstrated the ability to effectively collaborate both internally and cross-functionally to achieve goals on multiple occasions
- You can deliver high quality results with minimal guidance and supervision
- You have a track record of thinking outside the box to improve processes
- Experience in people management
- Experience with training and development
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.