We're looking for an Engagement Manager to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) team to manage day to day account operations to ensure customer success for Flatiron’s new Revenue Cycle Management offering. In this role, you'll develop a deep understanding of our RCM offering and work with our customers to oversee daily account operations. In addition, you'll also:
- Facilitate frequent touch points with our services team to ensure quality service delivery.
- Lead day-to-day professional revenue cycle operations, overseeing areas such as authorization, eligibility/benefit verification, billing, A/R follow-up and denials management; coordinates with client counterparts to quickly resolve escalations and drive improvement opportunities
- Manage or independently own weekly/monthly/quarterly revenue cycle metric reporting, operational improvement initiatives, and payer contracting/escalations
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships ranging from frontline staff to the C-suite level that provide leverage for decision-making and effective change management
- Work cross-functionally across Flatiron teams to contribute to the design, documentation and execution of scalable client implementation and account management strategies that deliver an industry leading client experience
- Act as the customers’ thought partner by providing insights/recommendations through your data and analytics skills and advocate by troubleshooting their operations issues.
- Recommend process improvements within Flatiron and within our customer base, contributing to the development of the implementation and customer success playbooks.
We are looking for team members who can ensure our customers are as successful as possible as quickly as possible and put the processes in place that will allow us to scale and serve many more customers.
Who You Are
You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You're a problem solver with strong analytical and communication skills.
- You have experience leading complex operations spanning multiple teams and stakeholders as well as client-facing experience. Experience in the healthcare space is strongly preferred.
- You have deep experience in or are comfortable quickly learning detailed revenue cycle operations, oncology specific clinical workflows, and data manipulation/analysis
- You have a background in account management or operational teams at a high growth technology company, healthcare organization or management consulting experience managing a client team responsible for operational effectiveness
- You have an operationally minded person who seeks to create standardized processes with strong organization, time management and project management skills
- You have a demonstrated ability to carry a collaborative culture and management style to interactions with other stakeholders, including those at Flatiron and the customer
- You are willing to travel to NYC office 5 days per month and to clients regularly; likely overall travel around 60%
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You are well versed in Microsoft Access, Tableau, and SQL to support independent analyses to support key business and strategic decisions
- You have a proven ability to think outside the box, optimize processes and lead change
- You have experience with oncology billing/revenue cycle management technology, process improvement or workflow implementations
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.