Enterprise Operations Lead at Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for acid reflux), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
Thirty Madison’s mission is to make specialized care and treatment accessible to everyone. As we continue to expand our current offerings and launch new therapeutic areas in more complex conditions, accepting health benefits and developing alternative coverage models will have a meaningful impact on ensuring that the maximum number of people have access to care from Thirty Madison.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced leader to help stand up the operational infrastructure needed to better integrate with the healthcare system. This role will report directly to our GM, Platform, and work closely with department leads and their business unit counterparts. Responsibilities will include helping to scope and own the development of new platform capabilities related to network contracting, eligibility verification and billing, and supporting the documentation and dissemination of Thirty Madison best practices for these new functions. This person will need to serve as a strategic thought partner across the organization. This role is based in New York, with location flexibility in the near term.You’re the right person for the role if you are:
- You have experience starting functions and building teams, and are confident in your ability to help create the operational support related to insurance, credentialing, billing, and coding at Thirty Madison.
- You will be able to make build vs. buy decisions and continually iterate to make sure the function can scale.
- You are comfortable supporting negotiations with health plans, employers and PBMs
- You love using data to help answer questions, and can translate reports into process improvements
- You have worked at the intersection of sales and operations before, and understand the dynamics of account management - perhaps you’ve led negotiations or accounts before
- You love and understanding healthcare, and can geek out on fee-for-service and value-based insurance reimbursement processes
- Secure payor contracts for our medical group, through both network applications and development conversations
- Negotiate contracts to help achieve goals surrounding reimbursement rates and revenue targets for insurance-based product lines. Build close ties with payors to support future vision of value-based contracting.
- Support our business unit teams in securing employer and benefits contracts
- Help our pharmacy team with contracting relationships with PBMs, as well as insurance processing
- Build a team from the ground up to support new functionality and operations related to third-party reimbursement
- Partner closely with our product and engineering teams to put in the place the needed systems and integrations to support insurance reimbursement and employer contracting
- Work closely with our Care Team to ensure our member experience is universal, regardless of payment model
- Collaborate with our medical operations team to credential and enroll our providers, and manage licensure
- Support on-going business development efforts to expand access to Thirty Madison’s programs through insurance
- As a member of the Platform leadership team, help ensure the organization is continually evolving its capabilities
Qualifications / What skills do I need? / You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 7+ years of operational experience in a healthcare environment, ideally a provider group or health plan
- Experience with network contracting, provider credentialing, claims processing and revenue cycle management
- Experience and genuine interest in managing a new and growing team
- Confirmed data retrieval, analytics, and presentation skills. You should know how to tell a story with data and insights
- The ability to zoom in and out (oscillating between tactical and strategic) and context-switch with ease
- The desire to help drive positive health outcomes for our customers
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.