Equity Plan Administrator at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
As our Equity Plan Administrator you will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of Rent the Runway’s equity plan. You will be a member of the Legal team and work closely with your Finance and People Team colleagues. In light of COVID-19, you will work remotely until Rent the Runway’s NYC headquarters reopen.
What You’ll Do:
- Be responsible for overall administration of our equity plan, focusing on controls, accuracy, timeliness and employee support
- Accurately maintain our equity plan database
- Process documentation for new equity grants, option exercises, and vestings
- Reconcile transactions, termination dates, tax withholding and reporting, share count and other items as required
- Provide accurate, timely information to key business stakeholders (i.e., Tax, Payroll, Accounting, HR departments) and support global tax and regulatory compliance
- Assist in enhancing and documenting equity-related procedures, policies, and controls
- Assist with external audits by providing supporting records and documentation
- Respond to questions from employees regarding their equity grants and support employee training initiatives
You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Certified Equity Professional designation preferred
- 5 + years’ experience in multinational stock administration
- Working knowledge of Shareworks preferred
- Insider trading preclearance compliance, Section 16 compliance (Form 3, 4 and 5) and Proxy Statement reporting requirements preferred
- Experience analyzing and presenting data
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Clear and client-focused written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organization and prioritization capabilities
- A track record of completing multiple projects within established deadlines; working well under pressure
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.