Executive and Personal Assistant to the CEO at Harry's
About Harry’s Inc.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 as a grooming brand with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, we’ve expanded to the UK, transformed our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo. Now, Harry’s vision is to build a next generation CPG company by investing in and building a portfolio of modern brands across multiple categories.
We’re looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands, online, and in stores around the world.
About the Team
This person will work on the Executive team, in close partnership with senior leaders and employees in each of our three offices (NYC, London, and Germany). Because Andy interacts with almost everyone at Harry’s, so, too, will his Executive and Personal Assistant -- in many ways this person will be the face of Harry’s, constantly interacting with all of our most important internal and external stakeholders.
About the Role
The Executive and Personal Assistant to the CEO will serve as an essential partner to Andy (our founder and CEO). By managing everything from calendar and travel arrangements to expenses and personal errands, this highly organized, endlessly resourceful person will ensure that nothing falls through the cracks in Andy’s life -- at work or at home. The line isn’t always clearly defined, but we expect at least 25% of this person’s time will be allocated toward giving Andy leverage in his personal life (scheduling appointments for Andy and his family, making reservations, running errands) and the rest of the time will be spent coordinating professional, executive level support on behalf of Harry’s Inc. The EA / PA role is one that doesn’t neatly fit within the confines of the 9 - 5 day, so we’re looking for a go-getter who’s eager to be flexible and available, even outside traditional working hours. Andy splits time between NYC and LA, so we are looking for someone who is willing to travel to LA on occasion (<10% of the time). Because the role (and our team!) is so dynamic, this person must possess strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
What you will accomplish:
- Anticipate needs, look around corners, and provide the highest caliber of administrative support
- Expertly manage day-to-day scheduling, coordination, and meeting logistics
- Coordinate intuitive, complex travel itineraries
- Ensure Andy is prepared for professional meetings and personal and professional events, by soliciting agendas, drafting one-pagers, creating itineraries, making reservations, printing material, and doing whatever it takes to ensure effective preparation
- Manage Andy’s expense reports
- Schedule and oversee personal appointments, and take care of other highly leveraged personal tasks
- Interact regularly and build relationships with executives and colleagues across various teams, and with Andy’s family and close personal network
- Serve as a positive ambassador on behalf of Harry’s, by consistently acting in a way that leaves people with a positive perception of the company while truly embodying our values.
This should describe you:
- You’re exceptionally detail oriented: You are a perfectionist who never lets anything fall through the cracks. You close every loop, spot every error, and look around corners to make sure every detail is perfect.
- You’re proactive: Some might call it pushy, but we just think you’re proactive. You’re always three steps ahead, and know how to manage senior executives to help them avoid potential pitfalls.
- You possess foresight: If you had a superpower, it would be the ability to see (and plan) around corners. You know there’s a problem – and you know how to fix it – before anyone else.
- You are a creative problem solver: There’s no sticky situation that you can’t wiggle your way out of, and you always come to the table with solutions.
- You’re a great communicator: You can communicate nuance effectively to anyone, and you know how to modify your tone based on who you’re speaking to. Whether it’s in an email, over the phone, or in person, you know how to get things done through your ability to clearly and professionally express yourself.
- You’re hardworking: You are endlessly reliable, trustworthy, and consistent in your ability to produce the highest quality work, even outside the confines of a 9-5 job. Everyone counts on you all the time, and you always come through. Whether it’s hopping on a plane for a last minute trip to LA, or coordinating an apartment move, or greeting our most important investors, you’re down for anything, big or small.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Andy Katz-Mayfield, our co-founder and CEO
- You’ll work on the Executive team, in close partnership with stakeholders from across the company in each of our 3 global offices (NYC, London, and Germany)
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.