We are NYC based but remote friendly! (US based candidates only)
Hello, World! Codecademy is on a mission to build inspiring careers in technology through engaging, accessible, and interactive online coding education.
Our learners have gone on to start new jobs, launch new companies, and lead new lives thanks to their work with Codecademy, and our platform has transformed the way businesses develop and retain their teams.
Since 2011, our team has grown to over 200 employees serving 50+ million learners from 190+ countries. We’ve raised over $82M in venture capital funding from top investors including Prosus, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more--which gives us the capital to get stuff done in an impactful way.
Join us to help build a business that empowers tens of millions of people to lead better lives!
Please note: This specific role is New York City based and will have a hybrid work model.
We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to run the show and make our CEO's life as efficient and seamless as possible. You’ll enhance productivity, serve as an extension of our brand, and organize the details of their complex schedule, ultimately ensuring they're in the right place, at the right time, with the right people. Sound like you? Read on!WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Triage an active inbox, including drafting communications, prioritizing what needs to be accomplished, and streamlining tasks
- Coordinate a challenging calendar on behalf of the CEO (across multiple time zones) with meetings, interviews, travel, and everything in between
- Coordinate and handle Google calendaring, proactively monitoring for conflicts, resolving these conflicts, and facilitating meeting logistics as required
- Collaborate with the CEO to prepare important investor and stakeholder-facing documents
- Handle private information with discretion, maintaining a high degree of confidentiality throughout
- Coordinate internal staff & leadership meetings and off-sites on behalf of the CEO and following-up on action items
- Submit expense reports on behalf of the CEO
- Work with the Chief of Staff on optimizing the office of the CEO
- 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced, Executive Assistant role
- Prior experience at a start-up or venture backed firm
- Natural affinity and ability for details –– you double and triple-check everything!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to ghost-write and draft emails and documents
- Tech savvy is a must! -- experience with project management tools such as Asana or Trello, as well as office-related tools like Google Docs and Notion
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively to balance diverse and competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, while managing steady state responsibilities
- Critical thinker and creative problem solver
- Positive attitude, where no project is too big or small and you’re not afraid to pitch in where needed
- Enthusiasm for the tech startup landscape!
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-change business environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.#LI-Remote