Executive Assistant at Policygenius
About the role…
Do you like being on your toes in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? Do you care about making others’ days better? We’re looking for an outstanding Executive Assistant to join our growing team supporting our Senior Leadership.
The People team is the anchor of Policygenius’ values and culture--and the Executive Assistant will play an integral role in maintaining that foundation! This position will keep all of the Pg trains running on time with grace and ease. We’re looking for someone who can navigate multiple competing, urgent priorities with seemingly effortless empathy and a “no job too big or small” attitude.
In this role, you will…
- Provide professional and confidential executive support to multiple executives and their teams by acting as a gatekeeper and first point of contact for internal & external stakeholders
- Own heavy calendar management, resolve any conflicts in scheduling of appointments, and orchestrate meetings with employees and external contacts
- Problem-solve and make judgment calls on priorities based on other calendars, projects, customer meetings, stakeholders, interviews, etc.
- Become familiar with organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed
- Manage and reconcile monthly expense reports on behalf of certain members of senior leadership
- Arrange business travel, including air & ground transportation, lodging, dining reservations
- Arrange ad-hoc events as needed (virtual, in-person, team building, etc.)
- Support multiple departments on special projects and assist with administrative related tasks as needed
- Collaborate with other executive assistants around management of logistics for important events as needed (e.g., board meetings, investor presentations, VIP partner visits, leadership team offsites)
We’d love to hear from you if…
- Have 3+ years Executive/Admin Assistant experience in a fast-paced environment; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Present relentless attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
- Demonstrate unwavering trust, constant reliability, and a strong understanding of confidentiality, on both a business and personal level
- Have outstanding written and oral communication skills to clearly and efficiently communicate with internal colleagues, as well as external partners, investors and customers
- Display an ability to adapt well to changing plans and priorities in an ever-evolving startup environment while maintaining a calm and professional demeanor
- Have experience managing several busy calendars and knowledge of Google GSuite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Mail) and Zoom
- Are driven to work independently with little direction, as well as collaboratively with many different colleagues
- Are passionate about Policygenius’ mission and product and excitement about growing with a fintech startup company
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace, with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!