Executive Assistant at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a bright and self-motivated administrative professional with experience providing end-to-end support for high-profile executives. You're excited about keeping your executives organized, prioritized and on time, and you always think ahead to be ready for any scenario.
You're reliable and trustworthy and you pride yourself on following through on every detail. You're extremely organized and detail-oriented - nothing escapes you. You are passionate about Dataminr’s mission and excited to learn the intricate inner workings of a high-growth tech startup.
- Provide administrative support to multiple executives across a wide range of duties, including but not limited to managing complex calendars, travel and expenses, scheduling internal and external meetings, ensuring executives stay on schedule, and coordinating conference rooms
- Communicate with internal leadership and external parties, including clients, investors, vendors, governments and partners
- Attend staff meetings and committee meetings, distribute notes, and work with executives on action items
- Prepare presentations for external and internal meetings, including presentations to the board of directors
- Process and track expense reports and reimbursements
- Work on ad-hoc projects
- Maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced, demanding environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a related role involving heavy calendaring, administration, and/or client-facing responsibilities
- Experience in a professional environment interacting directly with all levels, including senior managers and executives
- Experience working with Google productivity tools, including Docs, Spreadsheets, Gmail, and Calendar and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exceptional time management and problem solving skills, including ability to think quickly and be resourceful in order to make last minute changes to accommodate an ever changing schedule
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and juggle multiple and competing priorities
- Friendly, enthusiastic, professional demeanor
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.