Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about helping ensure our leaders are focused on doing their best, and supporting them in the most helpful way possible.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to support our Chief Financial Officer and other senior leaders at the company. Reporting to the Manager of Executive Experience, this person will be responsible for providing day-to-day support to our CFO from our NYC office in Soho. This is an exciting and fast paced role, perfect for someone looking to be an impactful team member of fast growing company. Executive assistants and admins at DO possess top-notch executive support experience, strong communication skills, and most importantly a positive attitude and can-do mindset. No job is seen as too big or too small and they value teamwork.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Executive-level administrative support for the CFO and other senior leaders
- Heavy calendar management, including scheduling external partners, large team meetings as well as regular 1:1s. Act as a thoughtful gatekeeper to leadership calendars by making judgement calls on their behalf
- Working closely with the other assistants to ensure all relevant leadership schedules are considered and cohesively aligned
- Partnering with senior clients on key initiatives by performing research and other diligence
- Ensure leaders and teams are following through on top action items and tasks; as needed, record and distribute team meeting minutes
- Develop rapport and maintain relationships with key leadership contacts including Board members, investors, partners, vendors and other relevant network
- Help coordinate leadership events including quarterly Board of Directors meetings, team off-sites and conference speaking engagements, as well as any associated travel itineraries/accommodations and venue reservations
- Maintain complete confidentiality when handling sensitive and non-routine information
- Draft internal and external correspondences for executives
What We'll Expect From You:
- Strong people/interpersonal skills
- Creative and efficient calendar management skills
- Experience supporting a C-Level executive, ideally a CFO
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience with email management
- Extensive experience with G Suite ( Gmail, Google Docs,Gmail, Calendar, Hangouts, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Extensive experience with scheduling, planning and travel logistics
- Strong Administrative writing and reporting skills
- Strong time management abilities
- Experience with Expensify, Egencia, and Okta is helpful but not required
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.