Executive Assistant at Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is hiring an Executive Assistant to handle organizational responsibilities for our team of Executives. The Executive Assistant will work from our New York City headquarters and report to the Chief of Staff. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and a commitment to providing outstanding support to our Executives across a wide range of responsibilities.
What you’ll do:
- Assist the Executives in planning, coordinating and executing a variety of business activities
- Anticipate and prioritize both Executive and Company needs
- Organize high volume calendars and schedule complex meetings
- Coordinate travel and logistics, including expense reports
- Edit and improve Executive documents
- Handle sensitive information with the utmost discretion and sensitivity
- Execute research assignments and special projects
- Provide assistance to the Operations team for company-wide events
- Develop strong relationships across the Stack Overflow team
- Curate your own projects in areas that you are passionate about; we want you to take initiative!
What you’ll need to have:
- BA/BS degree preferred with a strong academic record
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in a similar role
- Decisive & Gets Things Done
- Superior organizational skills; multiple executives will be relying on you!
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to anticipate issues and prevent them before they arise or solve them quickly
- Ability to work with a spectrum of personalities
- Flexibility and agility in an ever-changing environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to best represent yourself, our Executives and Stack Overflow
- Enthusiasm for problem-solving and optimization, specifically in regards to calendars, time management and prioritization
- Intellectual curiosity
- Resourcefulness and intuition to make decisions with minimal guidance
- Tech savvy; enthusiasm for Stack Overflow and the tech startup landscape
- Experience with Google Apps a huge plus
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.