Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. We’ve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women
About the Job:
As Executive Assistant, you will serve as critical support to our Chief People Officer and Chief Technology Officer, providing administrative support in all day to day needs. You will be expected to manage their calendars, keep them organized, informed, and on time. In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to interface with a diverse group of important executives internally and externally, acting as a key representative of the RTR brand.
You are the right fit for this position if you are incredibly organized, passionate about Rent the Runway, proactive and scrappy. To be successful in this role, you must be able to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast paced environment, juggle lots of projects and deadlines at once, and have a proven track record of excellence in a similar work environment.
What You'll Do:
- Provide administrative support to the Chief People Officer and Chief Technology Officer, managing all aspects of their calendar and schedule including: phone and video calls, appointments, meetings, interviews, travel, transportation, etc.
- Act as a liaison with key business partners, including high-level executives and business leaders, board members, high profile candidates, vendors, etc.
- Learn and contextualize business priorities and act accordingly, using best judgement as to which meetings and interviews need to be prioritized, which meetings cannot be moved, etc. always approaching scheduling conflicts with a can-do approach
- Support communication, organization and general business needs, creating, editing, and maintaining documents, folders, and filing systems; create organizational systems as necessary
- Develop and distribute presentations/materials for meetings as needed
- Own special projects related to the People Team or Technology Team as directed by the CPO or CTO
- Handle business expenses, including reconciling corporate card accounts and creating/ submitting expense reports
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of prior administrative experience supporting c-level executives
- Relevant work experience in a startup, ecommerce and/or technology based company preferred, or company with similar pace and structure
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and demonstrate ability to juggle multiple competing tasks, deadlines, personalities, long and short term projects, etc.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization including senior executives, board members, etc.
- Extreme attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Must be forward thinking and constantly one step ahead
- Must be able to appropriately handle confidential information and use best judgment for sharing information
- Proficiency in corporate Gmail and Google Docs preferred
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need