Executive Assistant at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better Opportunity:
Better is on the lookout for an Executive Assistant to act as the right hand to our Security & IT executives. In this role, you'll be assisting with various day-to-day commitments, helping to navigate priorities, anticipating needs, and keeping our executives on schedule with their meetings.
We are looking for someone passionate about working within a high performing team. We require someone who is comfortable with variability in their responsibilities, and is a tried and true team member. This person must exercise discretion when handling confidential information and pay close attention to detail in tackling administrative functions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and not afraid to ask questions when you need help
- Capable of delivering best-in-class service (this person will frequently interface with external partners)
- Google Calendar mastery
- Enjoys learning and can quickly get up to speed on any topic
- Very organized, strong attention to detail
- Ability to think outside of the box in difficult situations; giving up is never an option
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience
- Highly adaptable and able to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to flex schedule if needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to time manage effectively
- Balances myriad of tasks at once and prioritizes accordingly
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.