Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
As an Executive Project Manager at Cityblock, you’ll be challenged in a varied, fast-paced role. We’re seeking a detail-oriented, customer-service minded, and meticulous operator to lead logistics, project management, and schedules for our CEO and President. The ideal candidate is comfortable with heavy calendar management and high-volume meeting arrangement, and also extending into managing special projects and taking things off the CEO and President’s plate.
Over-communication and proactive thinking is an asset in this role, along with a keen perception of people and judgement across a variety of situations. As an Executive Project Manager, you’ll build strong relationships quickly, both internal and external to the company. You want to work for a company that is mission-driven, and centered around the individuals served.
Requirements for the Role:
- Proactively manage calendars, anticipate and resolve any scheduling conflicts or overlaps at the drop of a hat, exhibit strong judgement with micro-decisions therein
- Create and project manage materials for key executive team meetings and off-sites
- Work to understand the intricacies of our corporate strategy and business model in order to enable participation in key meetings to capture notes and ensure follow through on action items
- Draft, edit and organize presentations and correspondence on behalf of CEO/President
- Manage and execute end-to-end multiple projects simultaneously, taking ownership, identifying and filling gaps, all with minimal tactical oversight
- Assist with hiring process and onboarding of CEO/President’s team members
- Conduct research projects across a variety of topics, partnering closely with the Chief of Staff to the CEO/President
- “Manage the executive” by proactively identifying gaps and suggesting solutions to further augment the CEO/President
- Build strong rapport with our leadership team and Executive suite, developing a sharp sense of timing and priorities
- Handle confidential documents with discretion; facilitate and manage key documents across multiple workspaces that are crucial to our daily operations and contracting
- Plan and coordinate logistics for CEO/President’s team events including: holiday parties, social events, leadership off-sites, and celebrating milestone events.
- Run all travel arrangements for CEO/President as the need arises, and coordinate related logistics (air travel, rental car, hotels)
How We Define Success:
- CEO & President are spending less time on day-to-day tactics and have the trust to be able to delegate major and minor projects, with confidence that they will be completed with professionalism, efficiency, and completeness
- Executives and leadership teams look to the Executive Project Manager as a strong thought partner and an effective gatekeeper to ensure that the right meetings are flowing to the CEO & President at the right time
- Chief of Staff to the CEO & President has enhanced leverage on their initiatives through close partnership with the Executive Project Manager on areas of overlap
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Senior Executive Assistant, Project Manager or equivalent
- You can see the forest from the trees and are always directing yourself to highest-impact areas
- You exercise tact and good judgement, with an ability to interact with senior management
- You have the ability to multitask in a busy environment
- You have superior oral and written communication skills
- You have strong attention to detail
- You are proficient with G Suite, Slack, and Microsoft Office
- You have exceptional time management skills
- You have the flexibility to go above and beyond traditional work hours when required
- You maintain discretion and confidentiality in all situations
- You can successfully work under pressure and tight deadlines
- You have strong problem solving skills and a “can do” attitude
- You are a collaborative team player
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.