As an Expansion Manager, you will be Compass’s multi-regional business development, financial, and operational lead in getting a new Compass city off the ground. Simply put, we have ambitious growth plans, and are looking for the next set of leaders to help us achieve them.
You will help refine the launch playbook and lead operations across all key functions: business development, product, data, listings, marketing, and sales. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of key regional operational functions and staff hires while contributing to projects and running analyses to drive top-line growth and achieve greater operational efficiency. In addition, you will manage the local P&L and work directly with HQ and the company COO on budgeting, reporting and financial planning topics. This role will require willingness to travel 75% of the time.
At Compass You Will:
- Refine market launch playbook alongside HQ in NYC
- Guide and operationalize key strategic decisions for a new Compass city
- Manage local staff and maintain thoughtful business process to support agents
- Help drive the company roadmap by figuring out what products and services would help elevate new Compass markets
- Manage P&L for the launch and approve major expense items; work directly with HQ and company COO on reporting and financial planning topics
- Drive process improvement across all regional departments
- Make hiring decisions and own operational org chart
- Work with real estate lead on developing strategic partnerships
- Support real estate lead in agent recruiting
- Be an “athlete”, and be excited to dive in and play a hands on role when needed
What We're Looking For:
- 4-6+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate business development, private equity, or finance. Experience at a high growth company or startup a major plus.
- MBA preferred but not required
- Ability to gain respect from and lead seasoned real estate industry professionals
- Strong strategic planning skills, effective project management, and sound decision making abilities
- Post merger / acquisition integration experience a plus
- Solution-oriented mindset and work approach: you should be able to make a new Compass city come to life, whatever it takes
- Excellent communicator who can effectively manage multiple stakeholders
- Charisma and a natural ability to connect with others
- Willingness to travel 75% of the time with extended stays in a launch market
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.